This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: 3-28-15 - No Update and my response

I've seen several people complaining about the lack of "updates" today. While I agree with the customers, to some extent, I think some of the people complaining are coming off sounding pretty silly.

Someone said "this news was out for 2 hours pre lock, why no update"?
--- my response to this is, YOU as a DFS player should be smart enough to adjust the projections on your own... The entire Hawks team was announced as OUT hours before lock, then their starting lineup was announced about 2 hours before tipoff... You should have been able to adjust the projections on your own... Zero out the projected FP for all the Hawks players out, then increase the projections for all the players that were starting... You can find Fantasy Point projections on about 5,000 different DFS sites these days... It wouldn't have taken you long to find a few sites (rotogrinders, rotoworld, numberfire) just to name a few, and average all there projections together and plug that number into FC...

If you read my post awhile back, >>> https://www.fantasycruncher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=282 <<< I showed you how the 1st half of the NBA would have broken down for you had you simply done no research on your own and just blindly played the FC Top 1-5 Lineups daily in the FD Slam... The lineups cashed 27.74% of the time, which, for having to do ZERO research on your own end is actually pretty damn good...

My point is, with even the most basic research, anyone today would have been able to know that everyone on the Hawks Starting 5 was resting... Anyone who used Millsap, or any other starter did so on there own, and honestly shouldn't be playing DFS (unless they like to donate money).

In DFS you've got to be on top of injury news... In the NBA in March / April you REALLY REALLY have to be on top of injury news... And While I will agree that the projections "should have" been updated because this service is one we pay for, I do NOT agree with blindly playing the lineups generated and then bitching about guys being out (insert Hawk player here)

The FC Team has done an amazing job. I use the cruncher daily to help me build my lineups AFTER I have researched on my own and set up my own projections... I've never once put my own hard earned money and blindly played the [FC] Generated lineups without researching on my own first... I suggest the rest of you do the same...

[FC] is a tool to help you build a winning lineup. Its not smart to just plug and play lineups "because you pay for the service"

-Cg
--my opinions are my own... they are not the opinions of [FC] or its staff

If I am out to dinner I check the site for updates, so if nothing is updated on Hawks and sitting guys than why would I think anything of it? Thought it was odd that there was no update since 2:03 but thought that maybe they were sticking with the projections from 2:03. In retrospect, I should have gone on Twitter, but I relied on a site I am paying for and trust. So stop trying to defend them. So I am a little annoyed when I put a team out that puts up 270 points and wins no money because an $8200 player did not play causing me to be a guy short.

If I am out to dinner I check the site for updates, so if nothing is updated on Hawks and sitting guys than why would I think anything of it? Thought it was odd that there was no update since 2:03 but thought that maybe they were sticking with the projections from 2:03. In retrospect, I should have gone on Twitter, but I relied on a site I am paying for and trust. So stop trying to defend them. So I am a little annoyed when I put a team out that puts up 270 points and wins no money because an $8200 player did not play causing me to be a guy short.

I'm sorry, in my opinion, you can't play any lineup blindly with no knowledge of the daily events. I don't really care if the site is Free or Cost $12 per like FC, you shouldn't play any lineup blindly.

If you follow anyone on twitter, anyone related to the NBA, or DFS whatsoever you would have known that the Hawks players were out in about 5 seconds

I'm sorry, in my opinion, you can't play any lineup blindly with no knowledge of the daily events. I don't really care if the site is Free or Cost $12 per like FC, you shouldn't play any lineup blindly.

If you follow anyone on twitter, anyone related to the NBA, or DFS whatsoever you would have known that the Hawks players were out in about 5 seconds[/quote]

It's as simple as this...it is not a matter of skill level or what research we should or should not do.

The devs get paid and make money for this site because they provide a service to us.

I get paid to go to my job and perform a service. If I get paid but stand my office up and don't show, it is highly
Unacceptable.

So why is it acceptable that this service wasn't provided to us today while they still get paid?

You can tell us how we should handle if no update is done to the site like it should be... But that doesn't change the fact that the second you start charging for a service it becomes a business. And not being reliable is bad business....

I did not play it blindly. I was on this site 10 times double checking to see if any updates were made. I did not go on Twitter. I was at dinner so I relied on this site. The only other site I saw was the NBA website and they posted an article once the game started. I should have checked Twitter, but the site needs to be held accountable

I see both sides of the issue, but mostly agree with CeeGee.

The FC staff has exceeded my expectations more than once...I assumed something was up and just adjusted myself.

But I have the time during the day to manually change the lockouts..whereas I can see it would be annoying for people who do not.

NBA is super crazy atm.