This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: is mlb down

i cant get on mlb last hour before lock

super slow on mlb for me too from 6:20 pm until about 6:50, then it got better.
it was weird because i switched over and did my MMA quickly and came back to baseball right before lock.

mine would not come up til 4 mins til lock

There was an issue today that we are still investigating the root cause. The servers became over utilized and could not respond fast enough around 3:30pm PST. After initial diagnosis, we ended up upgrading our Database servers ~ 3:45pm PST and this was completed around 3:55pm PST. This helped to clear some of the congestion that caused the pages to not load and many users were able to access the site.

We will be working to determine the root cause of this issue, and implementing a fix that should correct this specific problem so that it does not happen again in the future.

While we have had our fair share of issues, it has been nearly a year since we last had any kind of outage, and I fully understand how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately these things always happen at the worst times, since it is when everyone is using the system. I will be working on this specific issue non stop until I get it resolved. Thank you for your patience, I am terribly sorry to anyone who this affected.

I did determine the issue was with the query that grabs and returns all the MLB data from our databases. I have re-written the query from the ground up and improved the time to run and the efficiency dramatically. This will eliminate the stress that was being placed on our servers when everyone refreshed the MLB pages at the same time. You may notice the MLB pages should load the players much faster now when the page is loading. Thank you for everyone's patience on this, I know it sucks when the site goes down, I appreciate your understanding and this specific issue will be one of the past.