This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Better QB

As we often do at FantasyCruncher we are having internal debates about who the better player is at certain positions. This week that debate centers around the QB position and who is better this week Eli Manning or Russell Wilson. I would love your guy's thoughts on why you have one guy above the other.

Tough one. On one hand, you have the Giants going against a defense which couldn't stop Diggs, hard to imagine them stopping OBJ. The Giants have an absolutely atrocious running game and week 3 they started to figure out that they could just throw short passes instead of running, so lots of opportunity incoming for Manning. Then you have Wilson against the Colts, a team that allowed 46 points to the Rams and 28 points to the Browns.

You probably can't go wrong, pick the one that you think will be lesser owned or better priced depending on the site/slate.

Wilson is definitely going to see a huge ownership spike this week, coming off a massive game vs TEN (49 PA).
I expect him to be rock solid this week, but also far higher owned. That makes guys like Eli intriguing for GPPs as a contrarian play, but in cash games I would 100% go for Wilson.

And I am going to say you guys are wrong for several reasons. The first reason 49 PA was most in Wilson career due to Seahawks playing from behind most game. They won't be playing from behind this game. Second reason Doug Baldwin is not playing. While I love Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett, Baldwin is by far the man. The third reason the Bucs have the worst pass defense in the NFL.