This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Its been a rough 2 weeks!

Whaaaa ... just needed to vent someplace that DFS is breaking my heart and my bankroll. I often wonder if some of the other contestants are winning by luck or they have insider knowledge and superior technique. My biggest frustration is 800+ lineups in GPP by a single contestant basically cornering the market. It sucks because I am on the loosing end, but please don't get me wrong; if I had the bank roll and the time I would be doing the same.

What are some of the other frustration everyone is having with DFS, specifically baseball. Please vent so that I do not feel like I am the only one suffering.

Good Luck & may the 'scores' be with you LOL

MLB is tougher than NBA/NFL in my opinion. (At least for me, as I do not follow it as closely)

Stick with the tried/true methods and hang in there. (Bankroll management, check weather and lineups, etc)

Whaaaa ... just needed to vent someplace that DFS is breaking my heart and my bankroll. I often wonder if some of the other contestants are winning by luck or they have insider knowledge and superior technique. My biggest frustration is 800+ lineups in GPP by a single contestant basically cornering the market. It sucks because I am on the loosing end, but please don't get me wrong; if I had the bank roll and the time I would be doing the same.

What are some of the other frustration everyone is having with DFS, specifically baseball. Please vent so that I do not feel like I am the only one suffering.

Good Luck & may the 'scores' be with you LOL

I hear you...nothing better than missing the $$ by one place b/c five people put in 20 entries each and just barley were ahead...I try to stick to single entry GPPs for that very reason...

Fantasy is a grind!! You have to put in the time and research.....it's not about how many lineups someone else puts in....it's about the quality of your lineups that you enter. I'm not an expert or anything...but the one tidbit of advice that I would offer is for you to look at your strategy and tweak it. Question.....if you miss the money by one pt....is it truly the fault of the person ahead of you that had 20 lineups? Or could you have entered a better lineup??

If someone enters 800+ unique lineups in a GPP, then skill has nothing to do with it at all.

That is like going to the race track and betting on every horse in every race.

Bank rolling such exploits I am fortunate to say is not a problem for me if I stick with .25c and $1 GPPs, but I certainly do not have the time to enter them all (the new export lineups to drafkings will certainly help)

Even after entering all 800 lineups; Lineup checks still need to be made so that non-starting players are removed to make sure each lineup is valid. I know the big guys use scripts and such to help but unless I make DFS my full time job I will not be converting my engineering degree to make this happen.

DFS is supposed to be fun, with ups and downs and hot streaks and cold streaks that make every contest exciting. I certainly do not have any fun when I miss the pay line in a GPP and realize that out of 700 paid spots 1 person has 600 unique lineups

Again guys and sorry to burst your bubble, just because someone enters 800 lineups doesn't mean they're going to win. He almost cashed all 888 entries that night. Reread that last sentence, that's almost impossible to do and shows the skill he possesses. The majority of people who mass enter lineups end up with net losses. The numbers are there to prove it. Just don't get discouraged and keep grinding.

the grinding will never stop. I just switched it up and focused on 50/50s until NFL starts up. Baseball is not one of my favorites, but DFS is addictive so I'll keep with it.