This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Cash or GPP

First a comment I love this program, first time I used it I cashed in 3 of 3 on DK. Now the question is, are these lineups best used for the Cash games such as 50/50's or in the tournaments?

While we are happy that you won, we want to make it absolutely clear, we do not "make you lineups". Lineups created with our service should be a reflection of your research. We turn a poorly defined problem ("Make the best lineup") into a well defined problem with a solution ("What is the best line lineup assuming we know what everyone will score"). Obviously, we do not know what everyone will score, these are projections.

But projections ultimately are educated guesses. We give you a good start point, since our service would be inaccessible if we asked all of our users to make a projection for every single player. We leave a lot of work left for our users to tweak the projections or change the definition of the problem ("what's the best lineup assuming we know what everyone will score AND must have LeBron James and must not have more than 3 players from any single team and...etc...)

So, to answer your question about GPP vs cash lineups, that will depend on how the user uses the software. For 50/50's you need to score in the 50th percentile or higher and there's no reward for going much higher so you might go with more conservative plays. For GPPs, typically you'd want to enter multiple lineups and you definitely want to have a few players with low ownership (figuring out low ownership will come with experience).

Finally, not even the staff here knows how our users use our service. Our goal is to make the tool very flexible and we have found that many of our users use it in a way that we would not imagine.