This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: MLB Projections

Hey guys,

Just a general question about how / where you build your MLB Projections from?

What is weighted higher / lower?

What splits you use and so on.

I think it would be helpful for me, and others, to know a little bit ((without revealing too much of course)) about how the Projections were created each day.

I second that notion :)

I asked something similar in the "site bugs" section. But I had a difficult time getting precise info. One thing OtherDave said was: "We are doing the projections, but it runs under an automated model and then some of the numbers are adjusted as needed. We do not manually update the player pool at this time."
Personally I would like to know more about the particulars of the FC projections so I can decide whether to use them or import some others (I don't do my own). The crunching tool is worth the money for me, but the MLB projections and updates seem weird so far. At this point I've concluded that they don't have a shark like Oreo doing really hands-on MLB stuff. If they did, they would say so.

It is tough for us to gauge how much information we can tell you about the projections. All I can tell you really is that it factors past player performance and current match up, but that's probably what you guys assume anyway.