This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: confused about MLB updates

I'm willing to be very patient with this site, as I've posted before. But I'm confused about how the MLB updates are working... what is being updated every 20 mins? For example, today Yelich was scratched at 6:33 eastern time, yet the update at 6:40 and 7:00 both included him in the pool. I think we need some clarity regarding when a human is actually updating the MLB projections. It seemed like NBA users could expect manual updates in the late afternoon. Just want to know what to expect for MLB as the year goes on. I'm not a computer genius, so set me straight if I've missed something.

We use one of the largest sports data sites in the industry to update, and we do so every 20 minutes currently, this is an automatic process. I will look into Yelich and why he was still listed, however he should have had a large injury badge next to his name. MLB lineups lock around 2 hours give or take prior to the start of games. The plan going forward is to project as accurately as possible the starting players, and then when the lineups lock, the icons will turn green and will show the confirmed lineups.

So, to clarify, the FC team is not doing the MLB projections, nor manually updating the player pool during the day?

We are doing the projections, but it runs under an automated model and then some of the numbers are adjusted as needed. We do not manually update the player pool at this time.

Thanks. And what data is being updated every 20 mins?

most of the time, nothing, but we check every 20 minutes for updates, so if a lineup is published, we then update accordingly.

I'm not trying to be difficult here. But WHAT do you update?

We update the players in the starting lineups and adjust the projections accordingly if something has changed.

Thanks!