This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Request: Correlation Adjustments to Lineup score

Just something to consider.....

Right now the lineups are built off of taking individual player projections and then meshing them together. The lineup score is projected as the sum of individual player projections. I'd like to take this one step further and adjust a lineup's ceiling/floor score based upon the other players in the line up. For example, for a GPP, you usually want to avoid the batters and opposing SP in the same lineup, since their scores are negatively correlated. Similarly, a QB and WR on same team are positively correlated -- as are players batting on same team.

Giving users the ability to input their own correlation adjustments like this would be ideal. FC could establish defaults.

I think a lot of us already do this anyway, but it might make lineup construction faster and better.

Thanks.

Just want to bump this in light of some recent site enhancements.

Similar to the "Like" feature, I'd encourage a setting where the lineup score increases or decreases based upon players in the lineup depending upon if they are on the same team or opposing team in a game.

In baseball, it can be as simple as whether or not batter on same team then +X%. Further enhancement would be if the user could give bigger weight for players batting near each other in lineup.

For football, one would probably want a matrix for each position cross referenced with other positions. I'd also like to be able to control the percentage weight. e.g., QB-WR = 8%. QB-TE=5%. QB-DEF = -3%. (or whatever).

..... Just something to consider. (Unless, I'm the only one that thinks this is a good idea... haha)