This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Strange replay issue I have never noticed before.

So every morning, I go back and look at my lineups with Rewind. In fact, I use this tool more for that reason more than anything anymore.

This morning, it's the first time ever, that the optimal lineup it spits out (with my projections entered) is different from the one it gave me last night. I'm 100% positive on this as I've been tracking results in NBA, NFL and MLB for over a year straight, daily.

It's really strange. For instance it did not have Valencia in my optimal lineup yesterday (again, using my projections) yet this morning it is? It also now has Derek Norris in my lineup and yesterday the only catcher options it would spit out were McCann and Lucroy.

Now, I'm positive my projections are the same. I even re-entered them again just now and still getting new results. Really strange.

I'm not complaining, just wondering what may be different? Maybe it has something to do with new lineups being released AFTER lineup lock?

Without looking too deep into the issue, because I don't know the exact lineups produced (you could email support if you want us to look into it more closely) I would say you are probably correct in your assumption that the difference is something that happened to an MLB lineup that was released after lock. We check for updates up until the game starts, so you could definitely see an issue on Sunday games I would think with the late game. This is all an automated process and unique to the MLB on FantasyCruncher. You would likely see a change to a projection only if the player moved up/down in the batting order or if the pitcher was changed.

I think to see why the lineup produced is different, you need to look at the entire lineup, there may be another player that is changed that is eating up salary and now giving Norris instead of the higher priced McCann/Lucroy.

So it happened again today. I'm pretty sure it's the fact all the lineups are not released before Fanduel game starts. The Dodgers were not released the last time I checked on it (I had to leave house shortly before lock) so Grandal was not being used in the optimal lineup, however this morning he is.

Makes sense. Just wish these damn coaches would tell us before 7pm, this isn't NBA! :)