This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: MLB Player issues

I get errors for Matt Duffy and Jose Ramirez every time I upload their FPs to FC. I am using a copy and paste from FC. Both with a space at the end and without.

Those are the only two player I am having trouble uploading

The reason why you are getting this error is because there are 2 players in MLB that have the same name, (2 Matt Duffys, 2 Jose Ramirezs, 2 Chris Youngs). When you upload there is no way for our system to automatically know which one you mean.

I have added aliases to each of these players names (name:team), so in the future you can upload them like this:

Matt Duffy - Matt Duffy:SF -or- Matt Duffy:HOU
Jose Ramirez - Jose Ramirez:CLE -or- Jose Ramirez:ATL
Chris Young - Chris Young:BOS -or- Chris Young:KC

Alternatively, you can also edit their projections directly on the main Lineup Cruncher page.

Awesome Thanks. Just an FYI. Projection systems like ZIPs use middle initials

These didn't work for me. Any chance you could add the middle initial as the alias?

Chris B. Young
Matt E. Duffy (SF
Matt M. Duffy
Chris R. Young (KC)

Couldn't find Jose Ramirez's middle name.

Also not seeing Hyun Soo Kim listed at all

These didn't work for me. Any chance you could add the middle initial as the alias?

Chris B. Young
Matt E. Duffy (SF
Matt M. Duffy
Chris R. Young (KC)

Couldn't find Jose Ramirez's middle name.

Also not seeing Hyun Soo Kim listed at all

I added all of those aliases, also added Hyun Soo Kim, we had him as only Hyun-Soo Kim.
Jose E. Ramirez is the Cleveland 2B.
Jose A. Ramirez is Atlanta P.
You should be all good to go now.

How about a little

Dae Ho Lee

Action?

How about a little

Dae Ho Lee

Action?

Added alias

Any suggestions for mapping FC player lists with other data sources? I'm wishing FC had corresponding playerID fields to the major data providers (who also use that field), like fangraphs.

the option to upload by a preset player ID would indeed be a great help

How about

Wei Yin Chen

No love for a Wei Yin Chen alias?