This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: DK Edit Lineups

With the new DK edit lineups feature can we expect and post lock editing features added in the future?

To add to that, how about the ability to upload your DKEntries.csv into the cruncher so they can be worked on?

Yes, after we get MLB out I will be adding some new capabilities to take advantage of the new mass edit DK feature. I am excited about all of the possibilities we can add which will make FC even more useful.

Any update on this? One of the best features your tool could have is to be able to upload the DKEntries after lock. Sometimes, especially in NBA on weekends, there's one or two earlier games if you're playing the all day slate. Then late breaking news happens at 7pm...rather than manually try to retool the lineups around the guys who were locked already in the earlier games, I suggest a new feature where we upload the DKEntries.csv. In the Cruncher tool it will show the lineups WITH the players from earlier games locked in their positions. This way we can retool the exposures to the rest of the players based on breaking news.

This would honestly put your tool over the top and would be a no-brainer for those debating between FC, DFN, and FantasyLabs.

Since DK implemented their own edit format. All you have to do is download their csv file to download your entries. Crunch the same number of lineups, and replace the appropriate columns from the csv from DK with the columns in the FC file. Upload the edited file back to DK.

Thanks for responding, and you are right I "could" do it that way, however it is a major pain in the ass. Unless you are only talking about lineups WITHOUT players from the earlier game.

So for example, Kemba Walker plays in an earlier game at 7 EST...and I have him in half my lineups. In order to recalculate, I'm going to have to tediously lock him in and then redo that half of my lineups separately, then exclude him (and the players from that game) and regenerate the other half of my lineups. This gets more complicated the more players I have from earlier games. If I run 50 lines, and 40 of them have at least one player from the earlier game, it makes retooling impossible. Also, what if the player is locked in the PG spot and FC crunches him into the Util spot?

I hope I understand you correctly and am not missing something, but I don't see a solution to this.

I see, if you want to change a subset of your lineups it may be more difficult, you're right. Of the top of my head the way to do it would be to preserve the crunch you used to upload the lineups. Then you can use our lineup searching feature to isolate the Kemba lineups, remove them and calculate more. However, this requires you to leave your browser tab open which can be a hassle.

For now, that's the best that we can do, it becomes a difficult process because the lineup CSV comes from your account on DK and we're not allowed to log into your account. There may be some work-arounds, but it will take some time to plan and execute.

Why can't we upload the DKEntries.csv? FC won't have to access the account...the DKEntries.csv will be in the same format that FC generates. All you have to do is crosscheck the lineups with the players from the earlier games and lock those players. Essentially after upload, you would have the "crunch" that represents those lineups, and we can tweak from there. Something like that...but either way you won't need to access anybody's DK account...the upload is done by the user.

Thanks again

Right, that's one of the approaches we could take. However, the details of implementing it take development time. But I agree, that's a good approach, at least in theory.

I see, if you want to change a subset of your lineups it may be more difficult, you're right. Of the top of my head the way to do it would be to preserve the crunch you used to upload the lineups. Then you can use our lineup searching feature to isolate the Kemba lineups, remove them and calculate more. However, this requires you to leave your browser tab open which can be a hassle.

For now, that's the best that we can do, it becomes a difficult process because the lineup CSV comes from your account on DK and we're not allowed to log into your account. There may be some work-arounds, but it will take some time to plan and execute.

For 1 or 2 players, you can use DKs universal LU swap or update each LU one by one. The problem comes when there is a rained out game, and you need to edit several players within a short period of time. I use the DK LU swap to edit out the out players, and then edit LUs one by one.

Another option is that we could upload our FC csv line ups, then if the time has passed, it locks thos players automatically for those LUs, then we can reroll the other players in the LU while removing the 0s.

There is never really an easy way to do a mass edit with locked players especially if you have a ton of LUs.