This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NHL Lines

Hi guys, I'm curious about the data used for NHL lines (including PP). Let's take an example:

Jiri Hudler today (March 1) is listed in FC as on lines 3/0 (line 3, no PP).

Today's leftwinglock has him listed as 1/0, and dailyfaceoff has him listed as 3/0. I'm guessing maybe FC grabs this data from dailyfaceoff? If so, how often is it updated? Is one generally more reliable than the other?

In this example it seems like leftwinglock has it right (they also timestamp their line updates, where dailyfaceoff only posts the date):

Obviously, it would be great to have this data be as accurate as possible. Any insight you guys can provide would be great.

ah yes, the great "a lot of data is going to suck now" time frame.
last year during baseball season, some sites had johnny cueto (traded from cincy to k.c.) suddenly having 20 road starts and no home starts because he hadn't pitched in kansas city all season.
the data will drive you nuts when it takes awhile to get changed over.

Well, lines change all the time. I'm just trying to get a sense of the accuracy of FC's line stats. Hudler is a recent trade, but I could have just as easily used someone like Brandon Davidson as an example.