This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Lock an MLB lineup and then have Cruncher tweak it

Is it possible create a lineup by locking 9 players (MLB). And then have the cruncher tweak that lineup by say (2 unique players) to create four new separate and different lineups. I have tried using the exposure setting, but if i lock the 9 players and say (80% exposure), it says no new lineups can be created, because it tries to use all the same players and won't replace any with the 2 unique i selected. All i want the cruncher to do is basically change 2 guys from my base lineup, and so on for 4 additional, slightly different lineups. I can manually set the exposure on different guys to get it to kinda work, but i want the crunch to decide which players to replace.

Ok, I think I have a way to do what you want. You can set all the players you want (original lineup) to a ridiculously high prediction (maybe 100). And set # of unique players to 2 so that after the first lineup, it will always replace 2 players. Does that sound like a solution to you?

Yes that does work, in fact i did something similar by editing the prediction to be the highest value for the position, and got the same result. I was just wondering if i was missing something that would make it quicker and/or easier. Thanks for the quick response!

Anytime, I always like to hear about the cool ways everyone builds lineups. Our philosophy is to make a tool that is flexible but not intimidatingly confusing and with many of these posts you guys build lineups in ways that I don't think of trying to do.