This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Feature request for FD NBA - "Unique players per top 8 projected"

Something I think the cruncher needs ASAP for Fanduel's new NBA format is a step beyond # of "unique players per lineup" to # of "unique players per top 8 projected players in lineup"

Here is the scenario -

I would like to create a natural mass entry crunch for, let's say, 150 lineups. Set at 2 unique players per lineup. I don't want to lock any minimum player in for X number of crunches, and then another minimum player for X number of crunches. I just want a continuous 150 lineup crunch to give me the most natural top 150 lineups in order of projected points.

I set all $3500 players to equal points to ensure they have the same value, so that the crunch isn't biased toward minimum player, and to see how the crunch naturally optimizes and what the natural exposures are. I set a rule that every lineup requires exactly 1 $3500 player.

If I set the rule for 2 unique players per lineup, the crunch in many cases will just swap out 1 minimum player for another, and 1 "top 8" player for another. So the rule satisfies 2 unique players per lineup, but my "top 8" is actually one 1 unique. I don't want that. See my problem? I want my top 8 guys to be 2 unique for every lineup.

If I set a rule for 3 unique and re-crunch, it solves the problem partially, because it guarantees two "top 8" players are different for every lineup. However, it will wipe out any lineups from the previous crunch that were correctly built in a way I intended, by keeping the $3500 guy the same but giving me two new "top 8" players.