This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Pitchers on Draftkings

So DraftKings offers a unique challenge due to the two pitchers and how much salary to spend on pitching on how to pair up different groups of pitchers.

Is there any way to limit how much salary to spend on pitchers? For example, I don't want two high priced pitchers in the lineup that's going to cost $20K+. Would love to be able to limit to say $17k spent on pitching.

The way around this I've found is using groups, so I put high priced pitchers in one group and lower priced pitchers in a second group and set it to select one from each. However, the issue then becomes that the same two pitchers keep getting matched up constantly. For example today, it was Kershaw/Gausman every time when instead I'd rather have had Gausman paired up with a few different expensive pitchers. Locking specific starters to achieve this is very cumbersome.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks for all the great tools.

Putting them in groups is a great idea. The next step would be to use "each" exposure in advanced settings and then setting exposure limits for each of your pitchers. Also turning up randomness may give you further diversity. Finally, adjust the projections. Lower projections will make those players show up with lower frequency.