This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Unique Lineups Across Slates

I am new to FC, so I apologize if it has been answered before. Is it possible to build unique lineups across slates? For instance, can I build 50 lineups for the NFL Thur-Mon slate and 50 lineups for the Sun main slate and have no unique lineups among the 100 lineups created?

Thanks in advance.

Here's how you can do it, but it's a bit tricky. First you calculate 50 lineups for the thurs-Mon slate. Then remove the two games using the game filter and hit "calculate more WITHIN THE SAME CRUNCH (do not hit the normal calculate button). This will ensure these next 50 lineups will be eligible for use for Sunday only slate. Running them on the same crunch ensures that lineups will not overlap.

Now when it's time to export, you will need to do some editing to the lineups. When you go to upload for the thurs-monday slate, on the export menu, select the appropriate slate, download the csv file. Then open the csv file and DELETE the bottom 50 rows to remove your Sunday lineups. Now upload the file onto dk/FD.

When you want to export for Sunday, switch the slate in the export menu to the Sunday slate. Download the csv file. Open it and delete the first 50 lineup rows (and shift rows up). Before uploading it to DK/FD.

Let us know if you have any issues via e-mail, as we respond a heck of a lot faster.

Thanks. I am working through the trial period to evaluate the service, so waiting a bit on a forum post is fine. So far, I am very impressed as compared to the free service I was using.

I had two additional questions. Is it possible to very stacks? I see that I can make a rule to always pair a QB with a receiver, but is is possible to vary the receiver throughout line ups? For example, 9 Rodgers line ups, 3 with each of Adams, Cobb and Montgomery?

Also, how does liking players with the hearts vary from/compare to configuring percentages?

Thanks again!

likes= +/- 8% to their projected score (additively)

To do the packers thing, it's probably better to do groups. Make a group with Rodgers, Adams, Cobb, Montgomery. Set Rodgers as the key player so that it says "If Rodgers is picked, then pick at least/exactly 1 of other other 3". Then use exposure to distribute those players. You can him a high projection and limit his exposure to force him into 9 lineups or however many you want.

Thanks again, I really like the site. I have been using the service for 3 days and enjoyed it so far. Even though I am a low dollar player, I am a stat nerd, so I really enjoy the tools. At first I thought that the price for the service was too high for a more causal player like myself, but I play DFS mainly to enjoy stats, so the price seems worth it to me even if I am not turning a big profit. (My actual career is for making money, DFS is for fun.)

I have one more question I didn't see covered in the FAQs or tutorials. Is it possible to generate lineups for the Thurs-Mon slate, lock in the players that played Thursday, then re-run the line up generation with updated projections later without changing those Thursday locked players?

I also had one suggestion. I like to modify exposure percentages as much as projections. I have been zeroing everyone out then changing the percentages until I get to zero with just the players I want. I have been using a spreadsheet to make sure they add up to 100% (factoring in postions per entry, e,g, 3 X WR). Is it possible to add a real time calculator to the projections for the overall exposure so I can more easily figure when I am right at 100%? I know the flex position may make that difficult.

Thanks again.

The first request is quite difficult because you would need to lock those players into specifically those slots. So I'm not sure if that's possible.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second suggestion. You can straight up exclude players from your pool by unchecking them and that will ensure that you only use players that you want.

I have been playing with setting exposure to all players to zero, then increasing the percentages until I get to 100%. I copy and paste in to Excel to make sure it's exactly at 100%. Could that total be calculated in the UI? I know flex positions make that tricky. I hadn't thought about multiple position eligibilty... That might be tough.

Sound like a fun Excel project. Can I set values in Excel then paste back into the UI?

you can enter exposure values into the player manager, as the 3rd column.