This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Not sure if the dvp variance is a bug?

I've noticed for some time now that some teams will show different rankings for dvp at the same position. For example, tonight's Charlotte game has Kaminsky, marvin williams and cody zeller at the PF position. Why does it show Zeller going against 24th rank vs Kaminsky and Williams (who are going against the 3rd ranked) if they are all in the same position?
I thought that maybe it accounts for PFs who are playing the C position, but the C position is also going against the 3rd ranked) just like Kaminsky and Williams. Therefore I am confused at which position actually ranks poorly or good in Washington as a result.

This is because we do not produce DvP rankings based on the positions given by DFS sites (as they are often wrong), and we use their "true position" of course this still isn't the best for players who play multiple positions frequently but it is the best we can do. I hope that this gives you a better understanding of what you see.

Ahhhh thanks for the explanation!