NHL DFS Primer | Monday, May 3rd, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Monday night gives us a whopping 14 game slate tonight with almost every team in the league taking to the ice to start up the week. Some teams have locked and loaded their spot in the playoffs, while the remaining teams are either driving towards trying to qualify, while some are playing out the string and/or tanking. There’s no shortage of teams in great spots tonight – so I am going to cover a few that I think have the potential to fly under the radar with so many options on the board before touching on a few stacks that I think will see the highest ownership levels at the end of the article. On a slate this deep, I really don’t think you have to go too deep down teams respective lines….you probably don’t need to be throwing too many 3rd lines, if any at all into your builds with 28 teams playing tonight. You can be different while not going too deep down the depth charts!
Who are some stacks in good spots tonight?
- The Isles are big favourites tonight – but on such a deep slate, and the fact that they aren’t loved in terms of usual ownership levels, I think they have the potential to fly under the radar, even as -210 favourites. For me, my favourite line here is the Nelson-Beauvillier-Bailey line – who have been great all season long for the Isles, particularly over the past month plus. They have a xGoal% of 60, and are an affordable stack that you can pair with a higher spend line-up to compliment them.
- The projected total is 6 between Washington and the Rangers, and coming off back to back games where they were shut out against the Islanders, I think that some people will be off the NYR1 stacking bandwagon tonight. The line has been outstanding for the past six weeks, and in a game that I think should be high scoring, I like the idea of getting some exposure to NYR1 tonight.
- I’ve been touting stacking against the Flyers pretty heavily, and in a match-up against Philly, it’s hard not to love PIT1/PIT PP1 in this one. They won’t be low owned, but I think you can make a pretty strong argument that they are among, if not the best stack tonight in a road match-up against the Flyers…and I wouldn’t be shocked if they were lower owned than I think they should be tonight, getting lost in the weeds on such a deep slate.
- The Blues are looking to seal up their playoff spot, and if you are looking for a mid-priced, safe stack to roll with – the top line for the Blues is in a good spot on home ice going up against the Ducks. They check in as -250 favourites against arguably the worst team in hockey – and as a team that isn’t popular stacking wise, I think you can probably get a significant over-weight position with ~15% exposure here.
- On a slate this deep, I like to eliminate a few games to narrow down the player pool. Here are a few that I think you can make a strong case to consider doing just that: NSH/CLS, DAL/FLA, TOR/MTL, VGK/MIN, LA/ARI. Of course, if you like a line to stack in any of those games, I do think that you’ll see them with low ownership levels – or in the case of a line like TOR1, lower than you’d usually see from them.
What stacks do I think will see the highest ownership levels?
- BOS1/BOS PP1
- CAR PP1, CAR1
- EDM PP1
- COL1/COL PP1
This article focuses mainly on stacking – if you want to see my favourite one-off plays, please look out for the NHL Daily Cheat Sheet that will be out a little later on this afternoon!