NHL DFS Primer | Monday, February 22nd, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Tonight gives us eight games on the Main Slate – and we don’t have a single game checking in with a projected total of 6.5 goals today, which means that we should see pretty spread out ownership levels. Let’s have a look at some of the best plays on the board, given the landscape of the games tonight, I don’t think you have to overly worry about ownership levels…so let’s have a look at some of my favourite stacking options on the board tonight!
- The top line for the Sharks check in as an affordable trio, costing $15,600 to go stacking with the three of them in a plus match-up against the Wild. They led the way in a 5-4 win over the Blues last time out, and I like their chances of having a big Monday night as well. It’s also a nice bonus that they all play on the top PP unit. If you are looking for a piece to include with them on the back-end, Brent Burns is the best option. Even though he’s expensive, he’s worth mixing into some of your MME builds that include SJ1/PP1 tonight.
- The Auston Matthews line will be among the highest owned stacks tonight, not shockingly. Matthews will probably be the highest owned player, and for good reason, he has been a fade at your own risk type of player pretty much all season long and broke yet another slate on Saturday night. Tonight, against Calgary, while the match-up isn’t a great one, it’s hard to argue with anyone that wants to go stacking with TOR1, though this is one of the few options for a game theory fade on the board tonight that could pay off if they have a quiet (or even just a ‘decent’) night.
- The top line and Pulock on the back-end are going to be popular, playing at home tonight against the Sabres. I really like this spot for them in a plus match-up on home ice at an affordable price against Buffalo tonight.
- I like the idea of having some combinations of a game stack for Tampa/Carolina tonight in a game that I think is going to be high scoring. The top line for each team are excellent options in this one and while they are not cheap, I do like the fact that Aho and Svechnikov are playing together on the top line and PP unit for Carolina. As an aside, I like the idea of sprinkling in 4-5% on TB3 tonight as a value stack. I usually like the idea of including them in MME formats tonight in this match-up, including the idea of using them a little bit with CAR1 or CAR PP1 in this one.
- The Blues are playing at home against the Kings in a plus match-up tonight and round out my favourite options tonight. I wish that they left Faulk on the top PP unit – but sometimes you just can’t have nice things in DFS. The top line here is my favourite option of the bunch. I’ve been picking on LA with mixed success of late, but I do like this spot for the top dogs up front for the Blues tonight.
If you are looking for my favourite one off plays, check out The NHL Daily Cheat Sheet as this piece focuses more on stacking!