Welcome to the Daily Rundown for FanDuel for KBO DFS contests on Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
Yesterday was a low scoring day for the KBO with only two teams scoring over five runs and only one game having double-digit runs scored in it. Today’s games should be back to the normal high scoring games we are use to from the KBO.
Pitcher to Target
Today’s pitchers are listed below
Top Pitcher- Odrisamer Despaigne ($23)
I really don’t understand why Despaigne is as cheap as he is by far the best pitcher on this slate. Despaigne leads all pitchers on this slate in ERA at 2.25, average innings pitched with six and WHIP at 0.96. Despaigne also ranks second on this slate in K/9 at eight and is third in fantasy points per game at 39.6 If those are not enough of a reason for you to roster Despaigne the odds for Despaigne are about as good as you are going to get. Despaigne and the Wiz are the largest favorite on this slate with a projected win percentage of 65.5% and the Tigers are projected for the lowest runs on this slate at 3.99.
GPP Pitcher- Hee Kwan Yoo ($24)
Yoo is not normally a pitcher I target as he has only pitched into the sixth inning in one start this season and has produced less than 30 fantasy points in each of his three starts but today he is someone I love for GPPs. The reason why I love Yoo today is his match-up with the Wyverns. The Wyverns have just been awful to start the season. In their 18 games, the Wyverns are averaging just 3.6 runs per game which is dead last in the KBO. The Wyverns also rank dead last in batting average and are second to last in home runs hit. We should see Yoo pick up the quality start and win in this one and I would honestly be shocked if he did not produce in the 40 fantasy point range in this one.
Stack to Target
Top Stack- Doosan Bears
You can stack the Bears almost every slate and probably not go wrong. With that being said they are especially a great stack today as they take on Seung Won Moon. Moon has really struggled to start the season allowing four runs in two of his three starts. For the season, Moon has an ERA of 5.63, a WHIP of 1.69, and an HR/9 rate of 1.13. Each of those numbers ranks in the bottom 20 in the KBO among pitchers who have pitched at least ten innings this season. The question with the Bears is if you should do a four-man stack or three-man stack with them today. I am personally going to be overweight on four-man stacks with the Bears today as I believe they put up double-digit runs in this one. I believe you can really stack this whole lineup but the four guys I would prioritize are as follows:
- Jose Fernandez ($18)- Fernandez is slashing .480/.506/.733 with an ISO of .253 and four home runs. In his 18 games, the former major league player has produced double-digit fantasy points in exactly half of his games and is averaging an elite 17 fantasy points per game this season.
- Jae-Hwan Kim ($17)- Kim has hit four home runs this season with 13 runs scored and 17 runs batted in. Kim is averaging 14.2 fantasy points per game this season.
- Jae-Ho Kim ($9)- Kim has not hit a home run this season but is hitting .386 with 12 runs scored. Kim is also very affordable at under ten dollars in salary.
- Jae-Il Oh ($16)- Oh has hit 20 home runs in four straight seasons and has started this season off well with an OPS of 1.141, an ISO of .308, and an average of 15.9 fantasy points per game.
GPP Stack- Samsung Lions
The Lions are not a team I normally stack outside of a handful of lineups as they are not very good but I am going to be overweight on them today as I really like their match-up. The Lions get to take on Se Woong Park of the Giants. In his three starts this season, Park has allowed nine runs on 17 hits with 11 walks. Park has an ERA of 5.93 which is the tenth worst mark in the KBO and a WHIP of 1.76 which is the eighth-worst mark in the KBO this season. The Lions are also dirt cheap and a great stack to pair with the expensive Bears on this slate. I especially love running mini two-man stacks of the Lions with the Bears but will also have plenty of three-man stacks that feature the following players:
- Sang-Su Kim ($9)- Kim is hitting .362 this season and has three straight games with at least 18 fantasy points.
- Ji-Chan Kim ($5)- Kim is projected to be batting second for the Lions today and is hitting .304 in his 23 at-bats this season.
- Dong-Yeop Kim ($9)- Kim leads the Lions in home runs with four and RBIs with 16. Each of those marks ranks in the top ten in the KBO this season.
Players I am also very high on that I did not mention in this article can be found on today’s cheat sheets.
|High||LG Starting P (27 / 11.88)||Roberto Ramos (16 / 7.92)||Preston Tucker (16 / 10.75)|
|Baek-Ho Kang (16 / 1.13)|
|Mel Rojas Jr (15 / 11.88)|
|Jung-Hoo Lee (14 / 10.27)|
|Hyun-Soo Kim (14 / 11.24)|
|Sung-Bum Na (14 / 9.54)|
|Medium||Byung-Ho Park (12 / 10.06)||Hoon Jung (11 / 0.70)|
|Dae-Ho Lee (11 / 9.29)||Ah-Seop Son (12 / 7.82)|
|Min-woo Park (13 / 8.68)||Jin-Sung Kang (10 / 0.59)|
|Low||Dong-Won Park (9 / 7.76)||Jeong-Dae Bae (8 / 3.29)|
Make sure that you confirm that each player in your lineup is in their team’s lineup.