Welcome to the Daily Rundown for FanDuel for KBO DFS contests on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
Saturday’s KBO action gave us some big numbers put up by both Kiwoom and Doosan – with bats from both of those squads helping pace many large field GPP contenders. As we wrap up another week of KBO action on Sunday, we have one pitcher that should be extremely chalky to go along with some interesting hitting stacks to consider. Let’s start to break down Sunday’s KBO slate!
Pitcher to Target
Using mykbostats.com you can see the projected starters below for Sunday’s games:
- Hanwha Eagles (Shi Hwan Jang, 1-2, 7.20) vs NC Dinos (Wright, 2-0, 1.69)
- Kia Tigers (Min Woo Lee, 2-0, 4.86) vs. SK Wyverns (Pinto, 1-2, 6.32)
- KT Wiz (Cuevas, 1-1, 5.71) vs. LG Twins (Chan Gyu Lim, 2-0, 3.75)
- Doosan Bears (Young Ha Lee, 1-1, 4.11) vs. Samsung Lions (Buchanan, 1-2, 7.50)
- Kiwoom Heroes (Won Tae Choi, 0-1, 4.80) vs. Lotte Giants (Jun Won Seo, 1-1, 7.20)
Mike Wright is the chalk option on the mound today for the NC Dinos, who check in as -235 favourites in a game with a projected total of 9 runs, putting Wright in a fantastic spot for success. There aren’t many days that I say it this bluntly, but I think this really is a day where you just eat the chalk on the mound and move onto your hitters to try and find some angle for differentiation. Wright has been very strong through his first three KBO starts, checking in with 9 K/9 to go along with a ERA of 1.69 and a pair of wins. I think he ends Sunday’s slate as the best option on the mound.Hanwha Eagles
If however – you are looking for another arm to consider is Chan Gyu Lim of the LG Twins as a contrarian option. He has a poor track record in the KBO, but so far through two starts, he has looked very strong in 2020 – and a match-up with the KT Wiz, who have been limited in terms of run production a number of times in the past week looks to be an appealing contrarian play. Lim has over a strikeout per inning, and while I wouldn’t go nuts with exposure here in your MME builds – he could make for an interesting pivot off of the chalky Wright for you to sprinkle in.
Stack to Target
Doosan and Kiwoom were my two favourite stacks yesterday – and today they both check in with projected totals over 6 runs, which when combined with the outburst we saw from both line-ups yesterday, should make them quite popular in terms of stacking options. Kiwoom got off to a slow start this season, but I have a feeling they’ll keep things rolling, and they are my favourite option out of these two for Sunday’s slate – but both are in outstanding spots. I’ll include my favourite options from each of these two teams in the cheat sheet below – and focus the below piece on another team to focus on and to consider adding to your builds:
The NC Dinos are big favourites in their game with the Hanwha Eagles on Sunday, though the projected line is only sitting at 9 runs. I really think that Mike Wright will shutdown the Eagles, and I think the Dinos will be able to do some damage against the hittable Shi Hwan Jang. Jang had an ERA of 4.95 and a WHIP of 1.64 last year for Lotte, and things haven’t fared much better for him on his new squad in Hanwha. I don’t think that Jang will last long in this one, and as is something I always like to look for – I think that the Dinos will get a few times through the order against the Hanwha pen – possibly in a lopsided game, which would put them in a great spot if this plays out.
My favourite options for the Dinos are:
- IF Eui Ji Yang – the backstop has back to back 20 HR seasons and is coming off a 2019 season that saw him slash .354/.444/.574. He hasn’t quite posted those numbers so far in 2020, but is a rock solid option as a core part of Dinos stacks on Sunday.
- IF Suk Min Park – Has 4 dingers to go along with a OBP of .404 and a slugging of .581. He may be playing a little bit over his head, but I like his chances of keeping his strong form going against a very hittable arm.
- OF Sung Bum Na – Had 5 straight 20+ HR seasons until last year was cut short. Has gotten off to a great start in 2020, hitting 4 bombs already. Should be hitting 3rd for the Dinos.
- OF Aaron Altherr – value play, ex MLB’er who has been slow out of the gate. Still like this spot for him – wouldn’t be surprised if this was a game that got him jump-started.
Make sure that you confirm that each player in your lineup is in their team’s lineup.
|High||Jose Fernandez (18 / 15.78)||Sung-Bum Na (14 / 10.39)|
|Ha-Seong Kim (13 / 13.06)||Jae-Hwan Kim (17 / 14.73)|
|Eui-Ji Yang (13 / 1.13)||Jung-Hoo Lee (14 / 11.53)|
|Medium||Suk-Min Park (11 / 9.31)||Kun-Woo Park (12 / 10.00)|
|Joo-Hwan Choi (11 / 6.06)||Hyung-Woo Choi (12 / 10.34)|
|Byung-Ho Park (12 / 13.06)|
|Chan-Ho Park (10 / 8.75)|
|Low||Jae-Won Oh (7 / 4.97)||Aaron Altherr (10 / 0.70)|
|Dong-Won Park (8 / 9.67)||Ji-Wan Na (7 / 6.56)|