The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Friday, March 6
Games on the Main Slate: 6
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TOR/ANA
Favourites that are -165 or greater: STL
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight is a thinner slate than what we saw last night – but with that said, we don’t have many big favourites, and only have one game with a projected total of 6.5 goals. I’d expect STL1/STL PP1 and TOR1/TOR PP1 to be the highest owned stacks, but not to a point where I would opt for a game theory fade on either. i don’t expect any stacks to garner the type of ownership levels where game theory fades kick in.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I have no problem doubling down on TOR1 and TOR PP1 after they were shutout for the first time all season a night ago. Look for a bounce back effort from Matthews and company, who are again in a nice spot tonight against the Ducks.
- Love the spot for the top 6 and top PP unit for the Blackhawks tonight as they travel to Detroit. I’m surprised they aren’t larger favourites than the -145 line sits right now. Of the 12 teams on the slate, this is my favourite spot of the night, highlighted by a large stack with the top PP unit for CHI. Don’t sleep on the Larkin line for the Red Wings either, who log major minutes and could be part of a game stack here in a game that should be a track meet.
- Sticking with a rather boring section here tonight, it’s hard not to like the match-up for the Blues, who are the largest favourites on the board as they travel to Jersey. I like the top line here and the Robert Thomas line if you are looking for a value stack. It’s boring, but I think they’ll be large-field GPP relevant tonight along with Pietrangelo on the back-end and Binnington in between the pipes.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I like a fade in the VGK/WPG game, a game that features a lot of star power, and will as such – likely be higher owned than I think it should be. While there is risk involved, I have no problem removing the skaters from my player pool.
- Anaheim will likely see modest ownership levels tonight against a Leafs team on a back to back. I have no problem fading them though as I think we’ll see a rather desperate effort from Toronto in order to somewhat salvage what has been a disappointing west coast swing.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!