The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Friday, February 21
Games on the Main Slate: 7
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: NYR/CAR, NAS/CHI
Favourites that are -165 or greater: NYI
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight, the first decision you will have to make is what to do with the Islanders, who should see high ownership levels on their top two lines and PP units as massive -310 favourites at home against the lowly Red Wings.
- The Hurricanes are big home favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals – and I expect their top line to be one of the more popular mid-high spend stacks, while their second line may be the most popular value stack on the board. Also expect their top PP unit to be popular with the masses as well.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the spot for CAR2 and like their chances of having a big night in a plus match-up on home ice. The price point is great, and I think they have a big night tonight.
- Don’t sleep on the top line for the Avs tonight in a nice road match-up against the Ducks. Based on the salary required to stack them and with some other options on the board, it wouldn’t shock me to see the top line lower owned as a stack than they should be tonight.
- Edmonton’s top PP unit is in a good spot tonight at home against the Wild. Much like COL1, don’t expect rock bottom ownership levels tonight – but I could see the masses flocking to NYI1/NYI PP1 en mass, creating an interesting game theory slate tonight.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I like a game theory underweight position on the Islanders tonight. It could blow up in my face, but checking in as -310 favourites on home ice, I wouldn’t be shocked to see some stacks clear 30% ownership tonight, which is always an intriguing game theory fade ownership level point to me.
- I don’t have much interest in the DAL/STL game in a contest that features two teams that have been great at defending for the vast majority of the season.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!