The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, February 13
Games on the Main Slate: 11
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: PHI/FLA
Favourites that are -165 or greater: TB, NJ
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight is a rather deep slate, but I do expect some teams to be pretty high owned – with a bulk of ownership focused on:
- The red-hot Bolts are they play at home against Edmonton. Tampa is a mix of high priced options (Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, assuming he suits up) to go with some great value plays like Tyler Johnson, who sees time on the second line and top PP unit. Expect each of their top two lines and their top PP unit to be pretty popular from a stacking standpoint.
- The Leafs went ahead and stacked their top line, adding Nylander to play alongside Matthews and Marner. While the results were disappointing in the first game, I expect them to be among the highest owned options tonight. Keep in mind that Nylander was fresh off of a flu bug and hadn’t skated in 4 days prior to Tuesday night’s game against Arizona.
- I expect the top line and PP unit for Florida to be a popular stacking option tonight as well.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the spot tonight for the top line for the Wild. Led by Fiala, the have been lighting the lamp at an impressive clip, and I have no problem riding the hot hand here tonight for an affordable stack, along with Spurgeon on the back-end.
- I like the Washington/Avs game to be a high scoring affair, and prefer the MacKinnon line to anything from Washington in this one.
- Don’t sleep on Dallas, who travel to Toronto tonight to take on a Leafs team that has struggled to defend for most of the year. I like the Seguin line and top PP unit for the Stars in this one. Jack Campbell has been playing well for Toronto between the pipes, but with the number of high quality chances that they allow being so high, it wouldn’t shock me to see Seguin and company among the best producing stacking options tonight.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I like an under-weight allocation to TOR1 tonight against a Dallas team that generally does a pretty good job of keeping pucks out of their own net.
- The Panthers and Flyers take part in the second half of a home and home, and I have no problem fading this game as it should garner a fair amount of ownership. With such a deep slate, I like other spots better tonight, and this makes for a very interesting game theory fade that could pay large dividends.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!