The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, February 11
Games on the Main Slate: 11
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: WPG/NYR, OTT/COL
Favourites that are -165 or greater: BUF, TOR, COL
Where to Expect Chalk
- With 11 games on the slate, I expect ownership levels to be fairly spread out – though there are a few spots where I expect to see some chalk:
- Colorado check in as -290 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals, and I think their top line and top PP unit will be the highest owned stacking option tonight as they host Ottawa.
- The Leafs top line should be popular tonight as Matthews, Marner and Johnsson may see a slight uptick in minutes tonight with John Tavares fighting off a flu bug. You can toss in Tyson Barrie on the back-end for another piece of the top PP unit. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Johnsson get some run on the top PP unit if Tavares happens to sit.
- Look for the top PP unit for the Jets and the top line and PP unit for the Rangers to be among the top 5 stacks in terms of ownership levels tonight in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- The first decision you will have to make tonight is what to do with COL1. I like an over-weight position as they are in as good of a spot as you can have on home ice against the lowly Sens.
- I continue to like an over-weight position on NJ2 and the top PP unit for the Devils as they host a struggling Panthers team tonight that has been struggling to defend. Blake Coleman is priced up, but is on some kind of run right now.
- I could see the TB/PIT game turning into a bit of a track meet, and I like the idea of running combinations of game stacks between the top two lines for each team.
- Don’t sleep on the top line and PP unit for the Oilers, playing on home ice against the Blackhawks tonight in a game that I think will be among the highest scoring contests of the Main Slate tonight.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I like a game theory fade on TOR1 against Arizona. While they are in a good spot on home ice, on such a deep slate, I’d be surprised if this line went off to the point where they broke the slate.
- On a deep slate, I often like to box out the 5.5 projected total games, which is something I will do tonight to narrow down the player pool. The only exception to this is Buffalo’s top line and PP unit as they are in a great spot on home ice against the Red Wings.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!