The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Saturday, December 14th
Games on the Main Slate: 9
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TOR/EDM, WSH/TB,
Favourites that are -165 or greater: MTL, PIT, ARI, STL
Where to Expect Chalk
- Montreal should garner a lot of interest tonight from an ownership standpoint as they are on home ice as large favourites against the lowly Wings. Look for a mix of MTL1/MTL2 along with Weber and Petry on the back-end, price in net to all be popular stacking options.
- With the price point of ARI1 and ARIPP1, I expect them to be popular as they are large home favourites against the Devils. You can stack here with a high spend stack elsewhere.
- I expect McDavid and company to be popular in a game against Toronto with an over/under of 6.5 goals. McDavid, RNH and Klefbom are who I expect to be the most popular Oilers from an ownership standpoint.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like an over-weight position on MTL in this match-up tonight. I think they’ll light the lamp early and often against Detroit, especially MTL2 and MTL PP2.
- I like the spot for TB PP1, playing at home tonight against the Caps in what should be a high scoring, run and gun affair.
- Pittsburgh’s top PP unit is in a good spot tonight, playing on home ice against the Kings are large favourites. They are a little banged up, but this helps bring down the price point required to roster key cogs in the Penguins attack tonight.
- I’ll be over-weight exposure to ARI1, J.C
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll be eliminating two games from my builds, both with projected totals of 5.5 goals: PHI/MIN and CHI/STL.
- I love to stack BOS1 a lot tonight, but outside of getting a piece of the line for cash games, I like a large-field GPP Fade of them tonight from a game theory standpoint. I prefer some other stacks on the board tonight.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!