The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, December 5th
Games on the Main Slate: 9
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: COL/MTL, MIN/TB, SJ/CAR
Favourites that are -165 or greater: BOS, TB
Where to Expect Chalk
- With nine games tonight, ownership levels will be fairly spread out, however – we do see a few teams that are large favourites that I expect to be fairly chalky.
- The top two lines and top PP unit for TB will likely see the highest ownership levels for the Main Slate tonight. They are -220 favourites, playing at home in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals. I expect them to be fairly popular tonight.
- The top PP unit for the Bruins will be another popular stack.
Some Edges to Attack
- I like the spot that the Canes are in tonight, playing at home against the Sharks in what should be a high scoring game. My favourite stacks here are CAR2 and the top PP unit for Carolina.
- I like going over-weight with respect to TB exposure tonight. I think they have a big night in a plus match-up on home ice.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- Boston has split their top line, moving Marchand to the second unit. I’ll take an under-weight position with respect to exposure here, waiting to see how the new-look lines produce for Boston tonight.
- I’ll be crossing out exposure to the three games with projected totals of 5.5 goals (outside of the goalies and individual players). I won’t be stacking lines here however, as I don’t expect them to be relevant in large-field GPP’s tonight.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!