The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, November 19th
Last’s two game slate played out rather uneventful – with Arizona shutting out the Kings 3-0, while the Caps beat Anaheim 5-2 in a game that saw the Ducks light the lamp twice in the third period to ruin what could have been a dueling night of shut-outs on a two game slate. Tonight, we have a whopping 13 games to choose from, which should make for a wild night of action. Let’s look at some ways to break down tonight’s slate!
Where to Expect Chalk
- With 13 games on the slate, I am expecting ownership levels to be fairly spread out, limiting any option from being too chalky. I won’t fade any lines based on game theory alone tonight under that premise.
- When you layer on the fact that the largest favourite tonight is Nashville (-180), I am actually not expecting too many teams to dominate ownership levels, so let’s focus on some ways that you can build line-ups tonight – and toss in a couple scenarios I’ll be avoiding.
Some Edges to Attack
- San Jose hosts Edmonton tonight in what should be a high flying, run and gun affair. Look for both teams to light the lamp in this one, and I recommend some game stacks here for those that are multi-entering. I only have interest in EDM1/EDMPP1 on the Oilers side, while the second line for SJ and the top PP unit are my favourite ways to stack SJ, though I recommend rolling the combos for SJ exposure.
- I like NSH2 as an under-owned value stack tonight. They won’t be as popular as they should be, and are priced affordably and can compliment a high priced stack. I also like stacking the top PP unit for NSH, though I’d probably go light on Ryan Johansen, a player I generally don’t use often.
- I love Detroit 1 tonight….I don’t particularly love Cholowski on the back-end, so my preference is to stack DET1 with isolated defence compliments from other games in a 3-3-1-1 format.
- I like the spot the top PP unit and second line are in for the Hawks tonight, along with Robin Lehner in net. I could see all of them fly under the radar in terms of ownership levels on a deep slate.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- On a 13 game slate, crossing out some games can help narrow the field down a great deal, and can be done with minimal risk (but yes, some risk). I don’t mind the idea of crossing off skaters from the three games with projected totals of 5.5 goals tonight (MIN@BUF, NYI@PIT, VAN@DAL).
- Tampa – the big guns for the Bolts have been on a nice run, but I have no problem focusing on other opportunities tonight as a road game in St. Louis is a pretty tough task, even for a squad as talented as Tampa Bay is.
- BOS1 – there’s danger here – but with Bergeron banged up (he’s questionable for tonight), I have no problem focusing on other opportunities tonight, even though the match-up with the Devils is a nice one.
Best of luck for those playing tonight! If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!