The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Saturday, November 16th
Last night we had a five game Main Slate that was rather uneventful, without much of anyone going off – outside of Tomas Tatar, who was the missing piece to large scale GPP wins. Tonight, as is the case most Saturday nights, we have 10 game Main Slate, and plenty of options to choose from. Let’s look at some ways to approach line-up builds tonight!
Where to Expect Chalk
- San Jose has been on a nice run of goal scoring lately, led by Tomas Hertl, who has 8 goals in his last 8 games. I expect his line and PP unit to be very popular tonight.
- The Panthers host the Rangers, who are fresh off giving up 9 goals to Tampa Bay on Thursday night. I expect the top line and top PP unit to be popular from the Panthers tonight.
- Buffalo plays host to Ottawa tonight and are -195 favourites in a game with an over/under of 6.5 goals. I think that the top line for Buffalo will be popular.
Some Edges to Attack
- I like the idea of loading up and going over-weight SJ tonight, particularly the Logan Couture line and Brent Burns on the back-end.
- I like the top PP unit for the Habs tonight, playing at home against the Devils.
- I lie the idea of a game stack between Colorado and Vancouver, or if you want to get exposure to them individually, I like both top PP units, with some mixed in COL1 for MME large field GPP’s. I always like going over-weight exposure to MacKinnon’s line when he’s rolling, and as road dogs in Vancouver, I could see him being lower owned than he should be on a 10 game slate.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- If the Rangers have any dignity at all, they will respond with a solid effort tonight – and while they may not win the game, I like their chance of keeping Florida from lighting the lamp anywhere near the 9x that Tampa did. Sure, this is narrative street and the Panthers are in a great spot – if you think I am spouting off gibberish, load up on FLA1 and FLA PP1.
- Not that I expect them to be overly popular tonight, but I’ll continue to fade TOR, who always do garner at least modest ownership levels.
Best of luck for those playing tonight! If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!