The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, November 7th
Last night saw a two game slate – and as such, no primer – but tonight we dive back in with a slate breakdown for Thursday night’s action, which sees 11 games on the docket for the Main Slate tonight. Let’s take a look at some ways to attack it!
Where to Expect Chalk
- Carolina are -255 favourites in a game with a 6.5 over/under, playing at home to the Rangers who are on the second half of a back to back. Expect high ownership levels on the top two lines and PP units for the ‘Canes along with Petr Mrazek in net.
- CGY1 and the top PP unit should be popular tonight as the Flames host the Devils in what should be a high scoring game.
- The Leafs will probably be popular. Lots of the lines are neutral tonight, and I expect the big guns for Toronto to be popular with the masses, even with a tough match-up at home against Vegas.
Some Edges to Attack
- I like the idea of stacking OTT1 as a value play tonight along with Chabot on the back-end. They are cheap (especially on FD), and I like their chances of lighting the lamp a few times at home against the Kings.
- I like the Petterson line for the Canucks tonight along with Edler on the back-end. I could see them slipping under the radar on a deep slate given their price points.
- I like the idea of getting significant exposure to the Ovechkin line tonight, playing on the road in Florida along with Carlson on the back-end.
- I like the second line for Vegas tonight, playing on the road against Toronto – who have plenty of struggles in their own zone. I think that Mark Stone and company have a good shot at having a big night tonight on the road, and they should be low-moderately owned at their price point.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll be fading Toronto tonight. I know they score at as good of a clip as any team, but I do prefer exposure to some other teams tonight. The Matthews line managed to score twice in a quick burst in the 3rd period, but were invisible for most of the game at home against the Kings. Against a Vegas team that defends well, I don’t think that anyone on Toronto goes off tonight, and they always garner a fair amount of ownership.
- PHI1 (I do like Provorov at his price as a one-off though). Montreal has been defending very well, and I think they will be able to keep the big line from Philly from putting up numbers that will be needed to drive a big score tonight.
Best of luck for those playing tonight! If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!