This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Don't quit your day jobs

The only thing Fantasy Cruncher has been useful for, for me thus far, is mass entering 150 lineups quickly. I can't edit those lineups once I've entered them, but I can create a bunch quickly and then edit myself. None of the Cruncher generated lineups have cashed for me in tourneys or cash games, the only ones I have cashed are ones I've created myself. The projections have been way off, on short slates, and full. Especially full slate. On a full slate, I'm capping exposures and I'm still only generating about 20-30 players with 4 generating about 90%+ exposure (and they normally suck). This thing just loves to squeeze Westbrook, Jimmy Butler, and Paul George in to a lineup and then stuff in E'tauwn Moore, Dante Cunningham, and Courtney Lee to make it work. Horrible lineups. I've lost thousands this last week using them. I wanted to stop taking my own advice and hoping this would save me time and help me profit without putting so much work in, but I can't trust this.

You all should really edit your projections a little more thoroughly, add some more variance in the default setting too, otherwise you're not any different than the lineup builder on Rotogrinders.

Just for the record, Mike Conley was 100% tonight on full slate and when you sub him out, TJ McConnell was 100%. Jimmy Butler is 100% every night. Russell Westbrook and PG13 are 100% every night. They aren't getting the same usage as they were last year, why is this happening?

On short slate, DeMar DeRozan was 100% along with Gobert. Even when I reduce the exposure level to them, some one else just shoots up above 90%, how do I cap it so no one is above 50% exposure, not just a single player?

Being able to upload the draftkings file for editing lineups into FC would be a great addition.

Are yal building your own player pools after researching or just throwing a entire slate cast net?

For sangamc, if you go to DK Lineups and click edit, you can download a csv with all your entries for a slate. You can then generate lineups using FC, open the exported csv and then cut and paste to the DK csv. Now go back to the edit lineup page and upload the modified csv. Sound complicated when I type it out, but it is quite easy once you get the hang of it. FC will not be able to generate the the csv to upload because it doesn't know the entry identifier you might have. As far as I know, there is only one provider out there doing this but there are some flaws in its process.

This I already do. The improvement I was thinking was to upload that DKEntries.csv (with all your contest IDs) into FC so that you can control better which lineups go with which contests.