This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Site Always Crashing

I rely on your tool to help out and when it crashes what good is it? Have to do better!!

What's the official word here for yesterday's outage? Thanks

These issues cannot happen in today's market. There are so many competing sites out there that do this now and at much quicker speeds. I've been a loyal member here for years but I have been resorting to other competing sites lately because of reliability concerns here. I'm nearing my last thread with last nights outage at the most key time of day for NBA.

Agreed. Paid for service should be reliable, dependable and efficient. Crashes and outages costs us money.
Remember you're competing with other sites (at cheaper cost) that do the same thing. I'm considering cancelling my subscription. Others within my group are also considering.

Not only do I use this for myself, but also to provide lineups to others who use my projections service. If I can't rely on your site for optimization purposes, I will need to start using other services. What is going to be done regarding yesterday's outage and did you figure out why it happened? and what is being done to prevent it from happening again?

First, I am extremely sorry for what happened yesterday, it is completely unacceptable. It was horrible (maybe coincidental) timing, as I am at the FSTA conference, and working from my laptop to try to fix an issue like this is cumbersome to say the least. I believe I found the issue today, it has to do with the way we are storing user projections, and the size of that table which had grown to over 23 million records. While our servers are setup to be very robust and handle massive amounts of traffic, I believe this created a bottle neck in the system and is what caused the data to not load yesterday. I have made a temporary change to this that should mitigate the situation until I get back in the office and can develop a permenant solution.

I understand that FC needs to be reliable during critical periods and when it is not it destroys the trust and reputation we have worked so hard to build. This is my top priority, and it will not go without action on our end to make things better. I am truly sorry.

Just an update, we believe we've fixed the issue. It was a problem with our database, and not server capacity. We have a server expert on standby for today's slate to monitor the issue if anything arises.