This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Fanduel NBA Drop lowest score

We have pushed out an update to fully support the Fanduel NBA format that drops the lowest score.

It is turned on by default, but if you want to use the older method, you can turn it off in advanced options. Also in advanced options you can choose to count the dropped player as being unique or not. The best way to see the effect of counting the dropped player as unique or not is through lineup rewind. If you calculate the best score, and count the dropped player, then there will be many ways to make the same lineup, just swapping out the dropped player.

When you are calculating with projections (lineup cruncher before games), and have the auto drop turned on, the effect is basically optimizing an 8 player lineup. The optimizer will assume one of the players will score 0 fantasy points. The player with the lowest projection will show grayed out.

You can see here thorough lineup rewind, this lineup was projected to drop Jalen Brunsen. However, when the games were played Ersan Illyasova was actually the lowest scoring player and should be dropped. If you are reviewing lineups and want to see the ACTUAL results, you can flip back and forth in the display:

This will also update the totals, so you can then sort as desired.

Thanks and as always, let us know if you find any issues or have any other questions or suggestions!

This is great and thank you for pushing it out. One change I think has to be made is to have it remember which display setting I chose. It will be annoying AF if I have to set that every time.

It will show the dropped player as whatever you calculate by. So there is no way to set it to drop the actual score from cruncher (since its unknown), but you may want to change it in rewind to see the actual scores. Its not really a setting per se. The setting to turn this on or off in advanced settings will be remembered. Hopefully that makes sense.

"It will show the dropped player as whatever you calculate by. So there is no way to set it to drop the actual score from cruncher (since its unknown)"

On live crunches, sure, but for rewind, it should be able to remember what I've set it to and have that stick, whether you do that server side or in a cookie. In other words, I want my rewind default to always drop the lowest actual score in the display and calculation of actual score.

As it stands now, I can do 1 crunch in rewind, change the display to "Drop Player with Lowest Actual Score" and then do a second crunch and the second one will not remember the display setting I just chose for the first crunch.

I can illustrate in a video if this isn't making sense.

I understand. We maybe able to get that worked in.

Awesome!!

Dave,

If I optimize with the default setting of "Auto-drop lowest score", will it always pick a 3500 guy and then just optimize the rest of the pool for 8 guys and $56500?

Thanks.

No

I really appreciate you all doing this.... Great update!!!!

i noticed that the lowest score drop is only considered under FC projections and doesnt factor in 'my projections'. Example, ill update a player from value 10 to value 12. Lets say then I have another player that is projected to score 5. Even if I calculate my lineup based on My projections, the score with the 10 player (as per FC projections) is still the one being dropped and not the player with a score of 5. Can you include the option to drop the lowest score based on My Projections?

I'm getting duplicate lines in my crunches. I had 10 duplicates in 500 lines in the same crunch.

I'm getting duplicate lines in my crunches. I had 10 duplicates in 500 lines in the same crunch.

I would suggest emailing support for specific issues like this, we would need some more information to determine what caused this.

i noticed that the lowest score drop is only considered under FC projections and doesnt factor in 'my projections'. Example, ill update a player from value 10 to value 12. Lets say then I have another player that is projected to score 5. Even if I calculate my lineup based on My projections, the score with the 10 player (as per FC projections) is still the one being dropped and not the player with a score of 5. Can you include the option to drop the lowest score based on My Projections?

Can you send a screenshot of this happening, you can send to support@fantasycruncher.com. If you are calculating by "My Projections" this should not be happening and I cannot recreate a scenario where this is happening.