This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Welcome Thread

A lot of you guys know me as DavidStetler from reddit where I started posting this project a few months ago while I was still trying to figure out if it was even possible.
For those that have followed the development of Fantasy Cruncher from the beginning, all of 3 months ago, thank you 1000 times over, your support means the world to me. A lot has happened in a relatively short period of time, for anyone that hasn't followed along, I started out 3 months ago with little DFS experience and found myself frustrated trying to create the best lineups manually. I was aware of a lot of the top players using Excel spreadsheets and Solver to optimize their own lineups, but I don't really care for excel. I used my experience in web development to create a pretty bad version of what the lineup cruncher is today, and while it wasn't great, it worked and to my amazement other people used it. That was the motivation I needed to go forward and keep adding and building into what FC is today.

Having the site where it is today feels like quite an accomplishment, but we are not resting anytime soon. While this was once a project I solely developed, we are growing, and the team we have now including Jeff "Oreo" G, Bryan, and Tie is working non stop to making this site better everyday. We have quite a few big ideas in the works and I think as we progress the tools will become more accurate, more powerful and will help FC members crunch the competition.

I sincerely thank anyone reading this, and welcome to the FC Forums.

Rooting for you guys. Seems like caring people pursuing their passions. Whats not to love?

I love what you guys are doing. I think it's fantastic you are sharing your hard work with others. I've been using the tools for a little over 2 weeks now, and I've been very impressed. I am curious about something though. The tool updates what seems like 2 or 3 times per day. I've been waiting to set my lineup much later in the day when possible. There have been times when I set the lineup early in the morning, check it again that evening and get entirely different results. I'm going to assume that waiting until later in the day to finalize my lineup is the best way to go? Or not?

Hello all! Just regsitered for Fantasy Cruncher and so far I love it! Im pretty new to the fanduel and was wondering if someone can explain to me the difference between the "projected" "ceiling" and "floor" scores? Im pretty sure I understand Projected..but the other 2 im unsure of.

Hello all! Just regsitered for Fantasy Cruncher and so far I love it! Im pretty new to the fanduel and was wondering if someone can explain to me the difference between the "projected" "ceiling" and "floor" scores? Im pretty sure I understand Projected..but the other 2 im unsure of.

Hey there! Yeah, sure thing:

Projected: Like anywhere else, the points our system is projecting they score for the game.

Ceiling: Players with a higher projected upside, although they may not score a lot of points in the actual game.

Floor: Players that have a high floor means their average scores are good. They may not give you a monster game, but chances are they will give what they're projected to.

Hey there! Yeah, sure thing:

Projected: Like anywhere else, the points our system is projecting they score for the game.

Ceiling: Players with a higher projected upside, although they may not score a lot of points in the actual game.

Floor: Players that have a high floor means their average scores are good. They may not give you a monster game, but chances are they will give what they're projected to.[/quote]

Thank you so much!! Keep up the great work with this site!

I love what you guys are doing. I think it's fantastic you are sharing your hard work with others. I've been using the tools for a little over 2 weeks now, and I've been very impressed. I am curious about something though. The tool updates what seems like 2 or 3 times per day. I've been waiting to set my lineup much later in the day when possible. There have been times when I set the lineup early in the morning, check it again that evening and get entirely different results. I'm going to assume that waiting until later in the day to finalize my lineup is the best way to go? Or not?

Thanks. NBA DFS is extremely dependent on news. So I try to update the projections when something big happens. I personally don't start building lineups until 1hr before the lineups lock.

Thanks. NBA DFS is extremely dependent on news. So I try to update the projections when something big happens. I personally don't start building lineups until 1hr before the lineups lock.[/quote]

Good info to have. I've been waiting later, so I'll likely do the same. Thanks for the info!

Follow you guys plenty on Reddit but am quiet(like a stalker lol). Anyway this is amazing. Thank you so much for your time and effort. Is there a donation button here or on Reddit? Thanks

Really, really nice work. I've developed a few personal projects in the past. It is fun. And, always nice to see others making use of your ideas. Congrats!

Love the site... Love the tool... If you guys could take a look at my "study" I just did in the EVERYTHING ELSE section that would be great... I'd love to hear some insight from the guys that actually put this thing together.

Keep up the great work

-Cg

I used my experience in web development to create a pretty bad version of what the lineup cruncher is today

Like you, I've always intended to use my web development experience to create a site similar to FC. You beat me to it.

DFSports member here (manwritingwords), the new front page is kickass, looks really cool. I CRRRUNCH! every day now and can't wait untill the 4-5:30 update times (ordinarily) to really crank down and work out my lineups. Great work guys!

I used my experience in web development to create a pretty bad version of what the lineup cruncher is today

Like you, I've always intended to use my web development experience to create a site similar to FC. You beat me to it.[/quote]

I know how that feels, one of my best ideas I ever had was a priceline tool that allowed users to submit multiple offers automatically using different filters(its kind of a loophole in Priceline). I got to working on it, then discovered http://www.biddingtraveler.com/. It hurt because they did it so well, but honestly I was ok with it because I thought they did a fantastic job and I continue to use and tell people about their site to this day. For the record, I am in no way affiliated with biddingtraveler and I never even contacted the developer. I just think its a great site.

DFSports member here (manwritingwords), the new front page is kickass, looks really cool. I CRRRUNCH! every day now and can't wait untill the 4-5:30 update times (ordinarily) to really crank down and work out my lineups. Great work guys!

Awesome to have you posting here! Thank you for all your support and positive feedback the past few months.

Love this site. It's amazing to see how much progress you've made in a short amount of time. I am very new to df sports and Fantasy Cruncher was the thing that got me to put a few bucks down and start playing. Thank you for your hard work :)

Hey guys reddit dfs member here. Just wanted to give you guys a little feedback. I love what you guys have done here and on the dfs message boards. It's refreshing to see people helping others in competition with money on the line. So kudos! Karma will treat you well! Keep up the great work!

Hey sister fister! Nice name, haha. I'm /u/RuthlessDickTater on reddit DFS. Thanks for saying hi, and welcome! As great a tool as fantasy cruncher is, it's only going to get better in the coming weeks. Looking forward to rolling out big updates and seeing what you guys think!

Dave thank you for all your hard work. I just started using the tool a few weeks ago and it has been invaluable for DFS bball. Judging by some of the players who have the same lineups as me and are finishing 1st daily your hard work is rewarding the users who utilize FC. Thanks again for the quick response to questions and changes to player positions.

Thanks,
mreilly4120

Hey all, new cruncher here! I just started playing DFS about 6 months ago. I've tried a few other sites with some decent results but never anything close to this site.