This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NBA position salary limit and/or player lock to position

Is it possible to place a salary limit/ceiling on a position prior to calculate?
Is it possible to lock a player to a position prior to calculate?

For second question it is easy to lock a player to a position prior to calculating. All you would need to do is switch them from say PG/SG to either just PG or SG in the drop-down menu.

Your first question is doable but it does take some extra steps. If you select the position you want to put a cap on and then use the filter players and salary it will only show players that are in the salary range you want. Another way would be to simply remove the players that were over the cap you wanted to set from your player pool.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you. This is not quite what I am asking so I will try to be a bit clearer:

If I have a pool of 30 and there are multiple PGs but I want to peg a specific player to the PG position for a group of calculations, what steps must I follow.

Is it possible to place a salary limit on the UTIL position prior to calculate - ie if I want to limit the UTIL salary to 5K.

For the first situation, the easiest way to do that would be to just lock in a player run the number of crunches you want with that player at PG and then unlock him and run the number of crunches you want. Groups should also work for this as well.

For the second question, there is not really a way to do this as the Cruncher is going to automatically sort your players to put the players playing last in your G/F/UTIL spots to give you the most flexibility for your late swap options.