This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: DK Split Position Bug

In an effort to speed up our algorithm for finding the optimal lineups for DK NBA, we have adjusted the way the algorithm works so that it no longer splits a player into 2 unique players. This is working as designed, and has significantly reduced the time it takes to find the optimal lineups. However, we are working through some edge cases where invalid lineups are produced. An invalid lineup would be something like this:

James Harden PG/SG
Jeremy Lin PG/SG
Brandan Wright PF/C
Victor Oladipo PG/SG
Gordon Hayward SG/SF
Chris Paul PG/SG
Ben Simmons PG/SF
Daniel Hamilton SF

While this looks like it may be valid (and it's very close), it actually isn't, you can go and try to make a lineup with players of those positions in DK if you would like. The way our software works, it returns a list of players, and then a second algorithm places the players in the best slots. Currently when the second algorithm cannot place those players, it discards the lineup, the issue at the moment is the front end interface still shows as if that lineup was created, so you have a "missing" lineup. We are working on a fix for this so those discarded lineups are either

A: not produced
or
B: the interface also discards them.

If you do find you have "missing" lineups at the moment, the best way to handle this is to simply produce the number of lineups you are missing with the calculate more button. The best way to see if you are missing any lineups is to use the select lineups drop down, whatever number that is listed there is the actual number of lineups that are currently displayed:

We will get a fix pushed out asap, but I just wanted to give a heads up incase anyone else encounters this issue. Thank you for your patience.

So is this why when I ran lineups using my own projections, nothing came up? It worked fine when I used your projections....

I don't think that you should ever encounter not producing any lineups, that sounds like something else entirely. You can email support@fantasyscruncher.com and we can help figure it out.

When I try to use the lineup rewind feature to find the perfect lineup from last night, it skips the first two lineups and goes straght to the third best lineup which scored 389.75 dk pts. The perfect lineup scored 390.25 dk pts....

Where did you see the 390.25 number? I am investigating now.

When I try to use the lineup rewind feature to find the perfect lineup from last night, it skips the first two lineups and goes straght to the third best lineup which scored 389.75 dk pts. The perfect lineup scored 390.25 dk pts....

I did some digging and found the 2 lineups that were not displayed are these:

PG Rajon Rondo 48.75
SG Jimmy Butler 54.5
SF Paul George 50.5
PF/C Anthony Davis 66.75
SG/SF Lance Stephenson 46.25
PG/SG Jamal Murray 42.25
SG/SF Vince Carter 40.25
SG/SF Bogdan Bogdanovic 41.25
Total = 390.5

PG Rajon Rondo 48.75
SG Jimmy Butler 54.5
PF/C Anthony Davis 66.75
SG/SF Lance Stephenson 46.25
SG/SF Will Barton 40.75
SG/SF Vince Carter 40.25
SG/SF Bogdan Bogdanovic 41.25
PG/SG Tyreke Evans 51.25
Total = 389.75

The problem is, these are invalid lineups. There is an issue with the PF and C position. Anthony Davis can go in either slot, but once he does, there isn't a player to go in the other slot. Im not sure where you found the top score as 390.25, but can you let me know and also let me know the players in that lineup and I will see if I can figure out if we are in fact missing a valid lineup. I don't think that we are, but would like to triple check.

is there any chance of either going back to the old way or have a toggle switch? i would rather have it be a little slower than produce the wrong number of lines then have to add more. It seems like the add more will mess ups exposures because it believes the player is at the correct % when they are no because the lines it has already crunched are not really there. maybe im looking at it wrong. I think its actually slower this way because i have to go back and click add then check to see if it added, then rinse and repeat until i get the right number of lines.

Thanks

Has this issue been fixed yet? I have seen several times where I am missing lineup 1 or 2. Please let me know. Thanks

when will this bug get resolved?

We hope to have this bug resolved this week. We are working very hard to fix the issue. Thanks for your patience.

I just pushed out an update and this should no longer be an issue. Thanks for your patience on this issue, as always if you find anything not working as expected, please let us know either here or via email: support@fantasyscruncher.com