This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Fantasy Cruncher Best Practices

1. Be aware of the last update time. Our projections include a time stamp indicating the last update time. News can have a large effect on the projections. If a significant event happened after the projections were last updated then you should try to account for this event on your own. Accurately accounting for last minute injury plays is where alot of the edge comes from in daily fantasy sports.

2. Please don't blindly use our optimal lineup. Vet every single player in the lineup. Make sure they are healthy. Also check their last few games and make sure they are not slumping. If something seems off then move on to the next player/lineup. Trust your gut, a tool can only do so much.

3. Don't over expose yourself to a single game. Having too many players in a single game really puts you in a bad spot if the game gets blown out. We are working on a way for you to easily limit exposure in the Cruncher.

4. Are you trying to cash in a tournament? Think twice about how you approach lineup construction. Fantasy Cruncher lineups tend to include many popular plays. Using popular plays makes it really difficult to differentiate yourself from your tournament competition and finish with a top lineup.

5. TWEAK! One of the best parts of our site is that we give you the ability to tweak all of the projections. Change individual projections to a number you are comfortable with. This is the best way to insure that you are making YOUR optimal lineup.

6. Some research is required. Many factors can not be accounted for in projections. Things like birthdays, short slumps, hot streaks, revenge games, and minor injuries can not possibly be included in our model but can have huge effects on player production. If you think a player has extra incentive to perform then lock him in or bump him up.

Good luck!

nice work... I am enjoying this and I believe I am coming up with a system using this tool that will pay off big in the coming days or weeks... I will keep you posted if I follow through with my hopes.

What I am thinking is this... Using ceiling projection lock in on the top 15-20 highest projections of the night and pick 2 of the top consistency and 2 of the top values of the night as your 4 locks... I think locking in players is the key... then try running the program with those 4 locked in..... I am coming up with amazing results using rewinder.

That is not the only method I see good results from.. just come up with different scenarios in your mind of 4 locks..maybe one is top punt... do almost half the work and let the cruncher do the rest. I really think this is the key to this being a money making machine.

Of course you have to look up what the cruncher spits out and see if you need to click that little red X and try again... BUT and this is a big but... if you make multiple lineups like me.... why not throw in that head scratcher in a $2 shot if there is even a ray of hope he could have that big night....

Have not really put my methods to use... But what I can guarantee what happens is that the tool spits out some head scratcher and they are automatic dismissed on lineups that would have made tons of money.

@oreo,

In response to #1, the Update Time... Do you have a general time that you like to make your last update each Week for NFL?

Also, generally, do you have a time that you like to have the NBA day fully updated?

@oreo,

In response to #1, the Update Time... Do you have a general time that you like to make your last update each Week for NFL?

Also, generally, do you have a time that you like to have the NBA day fully updated?

NBA will typically be updated 1hr before lock.

News is not as frequent for NFL, so this will be very sporadic. So Tuesday, and once during the weekend.

H2H,50/50 ,double up how do you guys strategize it

Do you guys lock 1 superstar and then optimize it or is there certain way you do different play ?

In gpp pick two stud the optimize basically ?

Thanks , you guys are the best

The answer, which is probably not very helpful and what most DFS pros would tell you is: it changes every day. Pick the lineup that you feel the best about, your intuition will improve with experience. As for which contests to join, do the ones you feel your lineup is best for. If you think it's consistent but won't be a home run, go for 50/50's, double ups, h2h's. If you feel like it's high risk, high reward, then go for GPPs.

how do you reset projections that you have adjusted? I know you can reset the likes/dislikes but I cant seem to find how to reset the projections to there original numbers.

how do you reset projections that you have adjusted? I know you can reset the likes/dislikes but I cant seem to find how to reset the projections to there original numbers.

There is a link at the top of the page next to the game filter titled: "Player Manager". You can remove any players projection there.

Thank you.

Very helpful tutorials and was able to manuver thru LU easily. I want to try this for next season football. Maybe a little basketball. Thank u guys.

It's luck that wins you can come up with every way possible to win. If a great player or players have a bad game then your done. If a bad player has a great game the you can be in. I like this site and it will pay off in the long run I'm sure. Great job with this site guys!

What I am thinking is this... Using ceiling projection lock in on the top 15-20 highest projections of the night and pick 2 of the top consistency and 2 of the top values of the night as your 4 locks... I think locking in players is the key... then try running the program with those 4 locked in..... I am coming up with amazing results using rewinder.

How do you lock the ceiling projection?