NHL DFS Cheat Sheets | Friday, June 4, 2021
Looking for a quick consolidated list of options to play today? Let’s take a look at our DraftKings and FanDuel Cheat Sheets to help navigate today’s slate!
Thursday night saw a pair of OT games, with Jordan Staal tipping in the winner for the Canes, while Brad Marchand scored from a brutal angle to give both of their respective teams the win last night. Tonight, we have the other two series, with Montreal seeing if they can go up 2-0 on the road in Winnipeg, while the Avs and Golden Knights see the series shift to Vegas in a key game for the Golden Knights. Let’s have a look at some thoughts on the slate, and then the cheat sheet for June 4 NHL action on DraftKings!
- Mark Scheifele got a 4 game suspension for his head hit on Jake Evans, creating a big hole down the middle for the Jets, which is even more troubling for the Jets when you factor in the fact that Stastny is not at 100%, even if he suits up tonight. I’d expect Dubois to play down the middle, though we could see Adam Lowry and his line get a bump up in minutes (or even to have Lowry slide up into the top six). Keep an eye on the pre-game line rushes to get a true sense of what will happen here, but if you want a safe way to approach WPG tonight, their top PP unit is a strong option, as is the Ehlers line (whatever line that ends up being – he drives the play). I’m expecting Hellebuyck to play much better in this one and he’s probably the safest goalie on the slate in my opinion tonight.
- For the Habs, nothing has changed for me. Price probably has the highest ceiling of the netminders tonight – though it’ll be tough for them to take both games in Winnipeg. The Suzuki-Toffoli-Caufield line is my preferred approach here, and you can sprinkle in some two man stacks of Kotkaniemi-Anderson in MME formats. The back-end got involved here after being silent against the Leafs, and I still think you can sprinkle in some exposure to Petry, Chairot, Edmundson. I don’t have too much interest in MTL1 here. They have been outstanding defensively – but haven’t done too much in the offensive zone. Not great for DFS.
- COL1/COL PP1 remain an elite stack. If there ever was a night to fade them on a two game slate, it would be tonight as Vegas gets the last change and will be in a must-win mode. I expect them to try and do everything in their power to shut down the big guns for the Avs – but let’s face it, they are in tough. The only reason to fade here in my opinion is game theory and hoping for a non-expected outcome. Certainly in the range of outcomes. Makar, Toews and Graves are all great options at their respective price points (Graves and Makar in particular).
- COL3 with Compher’s line is worth keeping in your player pool in MME formats.
- For Vegas, I don’t mind the spot for VGK1 tonight. They’ll be able to get nice match-ups with the last change and if Vegas is to stay alive in this series, they will need some production from the top line of Stephenson-Pacioretty-Stone. Martinez is a great option on the back-end for any format with a high floor and ceiling, while Theodore and Pietrangelo are worth keeping in your pool for MME formats. I continue to not love VGK2, but if you like Vegas tonight – you will want some exposure here, though I like the idea of getting some VGK3 exposure at rock bottom ownership levels (Roy-Tuch-Sikura – make sure to check pre-game line rushes in case there are any changes).
CheatSheet – DraftKings & FanDuel
|High||Nathan MacKinnon (9.2k / 19.46) (8.9k / 23.40)||Mikko Rantanen (7.7k / 15.68) (8.2k / 19.75)||Cale Makar (6k / 11.99) (6.2k / 15.40)||Connor Hellebuyck (8k / 15.96) (7.7k / 20.84)|
|Max Pacioretty (6.6k / 13.81) (7.2k / 17.50)||Alec Martinez (5.1k / 13.21) (4.6k / 14.23)|
|Gabriel Landeskog (6.4k / 12.67) (7.6k / 16.15)||Shea Theodore (5.5k / 10.78) (5.7k / 12.48)|
|Tyler Toffoli (6k / 9.83) (6.5k / 12.19)|
|Medium||Nick Suzuki (5.6k / 10.20) (5.9k / 12.53)||Nikolaj Ehlers (5.6k / 12.25) (6.8k / 15.25)||Josh Morrissey (4.9k / 9.01) (4.2k / 9.89)||Marc-Andre Fleury (7.8k / 13.84) (7.2k / 18.79)|
|Blake Wheeler (5.9k / 11.55) (7.1k / 14.92)||Ryan Graves (4.3k / 8.79) (4.2k / 9.48)|
|Cole Caufield (4.8k / 7.40) (3.3k / 8.99)||Ben Chiarot (4.1k / 5.84) (3.5k / 5.87)|
|Alex Tuch (4.4k / 10.60) (4.6k / 12.01)||Neal Pionk (4.7k / 8.16) (4.8k / 9.57)|
|Low||Chandler Stephenson (4.3k / 8.82) (4.7k / 11.29)||Joonas Donskoi (3.6k / 9.76) (4k / 11.38)||Zach Whitecloud (3.1k / 5.74) (3.6k / 6.37)|
|Pierre-luc Dubois (3.8k / 6.45) (4.7k / 8.15)|
|Jesperi Kotkaniemi (3.4k / 4.74) (4.5k / 5.92)|
|Adam Lowry (3.2k / 6.42) (3.4k / 7.94)|