NHL DFS Primer | Wednesday, April 28th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Wednesday gives us six games on the main slate, and while we don’t have any massive favourites on the board – we do have three of the best DFS lines in hockey playing tonight, with Edmonton, Colorado and Toronto taking the ice. As such, you can expect the McDavid line, MacKinnon line and Matthews lines to all be among the highest owned. Of this trio, I’d order them EDM, TOR, COL. I don’t think you need me to spend too much time there – two of the three are all great options tonight (I think Colorado is in tough), but they certainly aren’t the only ones. Let’s have a look at some other stacks that are in good spots and worth consideration when it comes to building lineups tonight!
Who are some stacks in good spots tonight?
- I don’t mind this spot for the Habs tonight, who are slight dogs at home against the Leafs tonight. I think you’ll get them with lower ownership than Toronto, and I think the game is pretty much a coinflip. For the Habs, I like the Suzuki-Toffoli-Armia line, which boasts their top winger and top option down the middle in Suzuki. Toffoli checks in with 19.4 expected goals on the season, and while he has outpaced that, this is a good spot for him against the Leafs tonight. You could tack on Gustafsson on the back-end as he skated with Toffoli and Suzuki on the PP unit last time out for a low-owned, low-cost option on the point.
- It’s a bit of a different approach, but for the Wild, on nights I like them – I like the idea of using Fiala and Kaprizov, both of whom stake together on the PP. You can bolt on Suter on the back-end who has been playing with them of late for a value option on the point if you are looking for a third piece. I don’t particularly like any of the full even strength lines for MIN as they are really weak down the middle – though if I were to pick one, it would be Kaprizov-Rask-Zucs, even though they check in with sub 2 expeceted goals for per 60….so it’s slim pickings here in my opinion, which is why I like the idea of sticking with that winger PP stack. The spot for them is a good one at home against the Blues tonight, and I’m not expecting them to be too highly owned.
- The Golden Knights check in as small favourites on home ice as they go up against the Avs tonight. I wouldn’t expect low ownership levels here – but I do think that they could check in lower owned than they probably should be due to the match-up here as the Avs are a pretty stout team. For the Golden Knights, I like the idea of getting some exposure to that second line as a mid priced stack. It looks like Tuch will be skating on that line, slotting in for Reilly Smith, and for everyone that has wanted Tuch to get more run, here is a great chance for him to play in the top six.
- I said I’d probably like them all week, so in the 2nd of 4 games for the Kings against the Ducks…nothing has changed. LAK1/LAK PP1 are in a good spot against the Ducks in a plus match-up, and it might be worth getting a little bit of exposure to the top PP unit here, which you could sprinkle in Kempe (perhaps over Iafallo) for a twist on a normal LAK1 stack.
- In terms of games I think that you can consider fading, I don’t mind the idea of a game theory fade on TOR1 tonight. There’s some risk there, but Montreal is a pretty tough draw as they are a better defensive club than most if not all of the North Division. I won’t blame anyone who wants to lock and load Matthews and company, however. I also think that the ARI/SJ game is worth consideration to fade tonight.
Who do I expect to be the highest owned stacks tonight?
- EDM1/EDM PP1
- TOR1/TOR PP1
This article focuses mainly on stacking – if you want to see my favourite one-off plays, please look out for the NHL Daily Cheat Sheet that will be out a little later on this afternoon!