NHL DFS Primer | Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Tuesday night gives us an eight game slate, and I expect two teams to be the chalk tonight (NYR1/NYR PP1, TB PP1) – with the Rangers likely being a fair bit more popular than the Bolts. There are plenty of other teams in good spots though, so let’s dive in and look at some ways to approach building line-ups for Tuesday night’s action!
Who are some stacks in good spots tonight?
- They won’t be nearly as popular as the top line, but a line that I often like mixing into builds that is cheap, and owned in the single digits is the Gourde-Coleman-Goodrow line for the Bolts. Out of all lines that have skated together for at least 180 minutes this season, they rank 18th in the league in terms of expected goals per 60, and Gourde is the only one that has any material cost to roster, with Coleman and Goodrow checking in at $3,600 and $2,800 respectively. They’re a longshot, but one with a fair amount of upside, and I like the spot for them tonight in a plus match-up with the Hawks in a game where TB are -170 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.
- The Flyers have struggled to defend, and in what should be a high scoring game against Jersey, I don’t mind the idea of sprinkling in 6-9% stacks on NJ1 and NJ2 tonight. They aren’t the safest play on the board but the spot is a good one for them, and I like what I’ve seen from Sharangovich of late, who comes into this one with six points in his last six games.
- I liked NAS3 last night and they lit the lamp a couple of times, so it’s hard not to tout them again in the same match-up. Haula-Duchene-Cousins is an affordable three man stack that won’t be popular, and I like what I’ve seen from them. In what should be a high scoring game tonight, I have no problem going back to the well, and I like the idea of combining at least two of the forwards (Haula-Duchene being my favourites) with Ellis or Ekholm on the back-end, both of whom skate on the same second PP unit with Haula and Duchene.
- If you are looking to go a little more conventional, for a high spend stack tonight, PIT1 will probably fly under the radar. On home ice, they will likely be able to get the match-up that they want for Crosby and company – and I think they’ll check in with lower ownership levels than we should see on them tonight. They are a much safer option than the three listed above – but it comes with the salary as well – they are expensive.
- With Ovie out tonight, I’m not expecting a whole lot of fireworks offensively between the Caps and Isles and think that you can make a strong case to remove the forwards from stacking conversation in this one. I won’t blame anyone that wants to sprinkle in some exposure to the Isles with NYI1 or the Beauvillier line, but I’d be surprised if this one saw many goals. The same could be said about DET/CBJ and CAR/DAL in my books.
Who do I expect to be the highest owned stacks tonight?
- NYR1/NYR PP1 – like an over-weight position on them tonight
- TB1/TB PP1 – approx 15% should get you a neutral weighting on them, probably worth it tonight
This article focuses mainly on stacking – if you want to see my favourite one-off plays, please look out for the NHL Daily Cheat Sheet that will be out a little later on this afternoon!