NHL DFS Primer | Monday, April 26th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
After a quiet Sunday night of action, we are back with seven games on the schedule tonight as teams drive towards the playoffs, making their final pushes to get into the Stanley Cup playoffs. Tonight’ slate is an interesting one as we don’t have any massive favourites on the board, so we’ll be focusing on teams in good spots tonight for the coverage today, though I won’t waste your time writing up the big guns in Edmonton or the MacKinnon line, both of whom are in great spots and should be popular! Let’s dive in and look at some ways to approach building line-ups tonight.
Who are some stacks in good spots tonight?
- Vancouver and Ottawa drop the puck again tonight in a game that I like the idea of getting a lot of exposure to. The total on this game is 6 with a pretty neutral line, and I like the idea of getting some exposure to each of the top lines and PP units in a game that I think will be one of the higher scoring games on the slate.
- This is going to get repetitive given that they play 4x this week – but it’s a great spot for the Kings on home ice as they go up against the lowly Ducks, who are among the worst in the league according to just about every metric and appear to be in full tank mode. The Kopitar line is in a great spot tonight, and I’ll probably be touting them all week as the Kings try and keep their ever so slim playoff hopes alive. If there was a recipe to do that, 4 games against the Ducks is about as good of a set-up as you can get. Adding Doughty is worth consideration here as well, though admittedly, he’s been pretty poor for the last 7-8 games from a DFS standpoint.
- For a punt with upside line, I like the spot for NAS3 tonight. Haula lit the lamp last time out, and I like what I’ve seen from him-Duchene-Cousins (optional) for a 2 or 3 man stack. I like the idea of getting some exposure to Haula-Duchene and either Ellis or Ekholm on the back-end as a 3 man value stack that won’t be too popular from an ownership standpoint. Tonight’s game is a vital one for Nashville as they are trying to solidify themselves in a better spot to try and make the playoffs, and I like what I’ve seen in a small sample from this line.
- Montreal/Calgary continues to be a game that I think you can box out from you builds as they play for the third time in a row tonight.
- Playing the narrative game, Mark Scheifele was benched for 17 minutes last time out against Toronto, and I’m expecting a bounce back effort from him and his line (Connor-Wheeler) in what should be a high scoring game against the Oilers. They have admittedly been pretty poor in a moderate sample size in terms of puck possession metrics this season – but in a plus match-up, I like the spot for them tonight and I think that Scheifele’s benching on Saturday night will result in them being lower owned than I think they should be. Morrisey and/or Pionk are worth mixing into MME builds on the back-end from the Jets in this one.
Who do I expect to be the highest owned stacks tonight?
- EDM PP1
- COL1/COL PP1
This article focuses mainly on stacking – if you want to see my favourite one-off plays, please look out for the NHL Daily Cheat Sheet that will be out a little later on today, around 4:30pm EST.