NHL DFS Primer | Saturday, April 24th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Saturday night is a deep, nine game slate – so I wouldn’t expect too much concentration when it comes to ownership levels tonight. I do think that a couple of teams will be higher owned than most of the field, though they are pretty obvious ones (VGK top six plus back-end, VAN – Horvat line and PP1, TOR1 and Winnipeg top six). I feel those ones are pretty obvious and I don’t think you need me to spend too much time breaking down those options. My favourite of that bunch tonight would be VGK2, salaries considered. Let’s dive in and look at some other stacking options in good spots that I like for tonight!
Who are some stacks in good spots tonight?
- The Wild lit the lamp four times on Friday night, and I like this spot even more for them as they go up against a Sharks team that is pretty dismal in their own zone. As was the case yesterday, I like the idea of getting exposure to the wingers that play on the top PP unit, along with Spurgeon or Dumba on the back-end. I’m not expecting them to be too popular given the fact that they are -105 favourites in a game with a projected total of 5.5 goals tonight.
- They let me down last time out, putting up a donut – but it’s hard to tout a team and then not like them the next time out when they are playing the exact same team. It hurts in terms of the creativity aspect of writing this piece over the course of the year, but it’s what we are working with for the 2020-21 NHL season. The Isles won’t be popular tonight, and last game aside, I love what I’ve seen from any line that Anthony Beauvillier has been on. As of now, he is set to skate with Pageau and Josh Bailey – and Beauvillier and Pageau see significant time together with the man advantage (Bailey is on the other unit). The price point is great here, and I expect a bounceback effort from them tonight against the Caps.
- I don’t expect low ownership levels, but I like the idea of going over-weight on both VGK and TOR/WPG tonight. I think all three teams are going to light the lamp a lot, and ownership levels should be fairly spread out given all the teams on the slate tonight.
- Games that I think you can make a strong case to fade or box-out of your builds: MTL/CGY, DAL/DET (sorry, Vrana – but by all means if you like him to keep it going, you can get overweight the field with 5-7% significantly), ARI/LA
- I don’t mind the idea of building in some OTT stacks tonight on the value end of things. I expect the game tonight against Vancouver to be high scoring after being a low-scoring affair last time out, Norris-Tkachuk-Batherson is a pretty good line according to any metrics, something that can’t be said for much, or anything else that the Sens bring to the table. They check in with a 56% xGoal % on the season – by far the best of all the Sens lines tonight, and all of them skate on the top PP unit.
Who do I expect to be the highest owned stacks tonight?
- VGK1, VGK2, Theodore
- VAN1, VAN PP1
- WPG top six + Morrisey
This article focuses mainly on stacking – if you want to see my favourite one-off plays, please look out for the NHL Daily Cheat Sheet that will be out a little later on this morning!