NHL DFS Primer | Monday, April 5th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Monday night gives us seven games on the schedule as we start off the week – and from a quick glance it looks like we should see pretty spread out ownership levels tonight. Let’s dive in and look at seven thoughts for the NHL DFS slate on Monday, April 5th!
- The top six for the Jets are going to be popular tonight, and for good reason as they check in as -210 favourites going up against the Sens. I like what they have done with their lines, letting Scheifele skate alongside Connor and Ehlers, and that is my favourite way to play them tonight. On the back-end, Pionk is my preferred option if you decide to bolt on one of the rearguards.
- Anytime that Colorado 1/PP1 are not going to be the overriding chalk, I like the idea of getting significant exposure to them, and tonight certainly fits that bill as they go up against the Wild. While they sit as -150 favourites, the Wild are a strong defensive team, and should worry enough players from backing up the truck on exposure to COL1. Either way, I like this spot for them tonight.
- The Habs and Oilers check in with a projected total of six goals tonight, and I’m expecting this game to be one of the more popular options. The usual suspects are in play for the Oilers in this one – though to be honest, I don’t love this spot for them and think you can make a strong argument for a game theory fade here. I do like this spot for the Habs, however, specifically MTL1 and MTL2, liking the idea of getting some exposure to each line in MME GPP formats against an Edmonton team that struggles to defend.
- Don’t expect low ownership levels – but with pretty lacklustre fantasy production compared to earlier on this season, I do think that the Leafs have the potential to check in with lower ownership levels than they probably should on a slate like tonight without any clear-cut chalk. TOR1, or TOR2 are both in play -but I wouldn’t go nuts here with exposure as the Flames are a pretty stout defensive club,
- The top pp unit for the Bruins are in a great spot tonight on home ice going up against the Flyers. They will be one of – if not the highest owned for tonight’s slate, not shocking as they face the Flyers who have seen their opponents break a couple of slates of late (primarily NYR1). The Bruins have split Pastrnak from Marchand/Bergeron – so how you want to approach Boston is up to you. For me, it would be BOS2 or BOS PP1. On the back-end, both Grzyleck and McAvoy are in play.
- If you are looking for a game that may garner some interest to consider fading, I think a strong case can be made to go under-weight, or flat out fade Vegas and the Blues. The total here is low at 5.5, and has a pretty neutral line. Both teams come into this one with pretty muted offensive efforts and I’d be surprised if we saw a stack here be a part of a large field GPP win tonight.
- I don’t hate this spot for the top line for the Kings. I wouldn’t go nuts with exposure here, but at home against Arizona with what should be modest ownership at the most – I don’t mind this spot for Kopitar and company. They’ve been going through a little bit of a quiet stretch of late – but I like this spot for them, and Kopitar does come into this one with two helpers in his past three games. It’s only a matter of time before they get things going.
This article focuses mainly on stacking – if you want to see my favourite one off plays, please look out for the NHL Daily Cheat Sheet that will be out a little later on this afternoon!