NHL DFS Primer | Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Tonight gives us seven games on the schedule for Tuesday night as the week rolls on! There are a couple of large favourites on the board that I expect to be popular, so let’s start by identifying them, and then we can move on to some other teams in good spots as well! Let’s have a look at some ways to approach building NHL DFS line-ups on DraftKings for March 30th!
Who are likely going to be the chalk tonight?
- The Panthers are -235 favourites on home ice tonight in a pus match-up against the Red Wings and I expect them to be popular from an ownership standpoint. They are without Barkov up front, and while that hurts them – it also opens up some room to go stacking with them at a cheaper price point – and the match-up with Detroit is a good enough one that I still like the spot for them tonight, even without their best player up front. You can opt for either of the top two lines, or the top PP unit – but for me, my favourite way to stack with them is with the Huberdeau line.
- The Bolts are also big favourites, -250 on home ice against the Jackets, and I think they’ll be another popular stacking choice within the state of Florida. My favourite way to stack with Tampa is with their top PP unit, though you can make a case in MME formats to get low double digit ownership levels on each of their top two lines. Hedman, if you can afford him is an elite option on the back-end as well.
- Goes without saying at this point, but a slate that has the Oilers is one that I think is a pretty safe bet to expect the McDavid/Draisaitl line to be popular. They’ll be on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of their usual range tonight as the Habs are a pretty good defensive team, but all in all – I still think they’ll be a popular choice, fresh off of a 3-2 OT win over the Leafs last night. They didn’t do too much in that one – but I don’t mind the spot for them tonight, though I wouldn’t say they are in the fade at your own risk category tonight in a below average match-up.
Who are a couple other stacks worth considering in good spots tonight?
- They won’t be low owned tonight, but playing at home in a plus match-up against the Devils, I do like the spot for BOS1 tonight. Grzelcyk on the back end has been playing strong as well of late for them, so I do like bolting him onto the line for a 4th piece, or a 3rd piece if you opt for Pastrnak with one Marchand and/or Bjork (replacing Marchand). All in all, the price point here will keep the ownership levels from skyrocketing out of control, but all in all I like this spot for them tonight.
- There may be no line that is as hot right now as the top line for the Rangers, and even though the match-up isn’t a great one as they go up against Washington, I have no problem continuing to ride the hot hand with Zibanejad and company, who have broken a couple of slates in the past two weeks (even though both were against PHI). Both him and Fox are worth the significantly higher price IMO.
- I don’t mind the spot for Montreal tonight. I’m expecting the big guns for Edmonton to be pretty popular as they always are, but in this one, the Habs are moderate favourites (-135) in a game with a projected total of 6 – and on home ice against a team that struggles to defend, I think you could do a lot worse than MTL2 or MTL PP1 for ~10% of your MME builds.
- If you are looking for a game to eliminate from your player pool – for me tonight, that would be DAL/NAS. There are some attractive value plays here as one offs, but from a stacking perspective – I would be surprised if either of them had a stack that happened to be large field GPP relevant for tonight.
This article focuses more on stacking rather than one off plays….if you would like to see my favourite options on an individual level for tonight’s slate, make sure to check out the NHL Cheat Sheet – which will be out later on today!