NHL DFS Primer | Monday, March 29th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Tonight gives us seven games on the schedule as we enter a new week of NHL action! We have Edmonton and Toronto dropping the puck again as the sole game with a total of 6.5 goals, and as was the case on Saturday night, I expect them to be the some of the most popular teams in terms of stacking (with TOR1 and EDM1/EDM PP1 leading the way)! Let’s have a look at some ways to approach building line-ups tonight!
Who are likely going to be the chalk tonight?
- As mentioned above, I’m expecting the top line for each EDM/TOR to be popular for tonight’s slate. The game has the highest total, and we saw them put up 7 goals on Saturday night. I’d expect a similar type of game, and with Hutchison starting in net for the Leafs tonight, personally – I do slightly prefer EDM to TOR tonight – but I do think it’s a good idea to get a fair amount of exposure to each of them in MME formats. Tyson Barrie and/or Darnell Nurse can be sprinkled in on the back-end for the Oilers.
- The top line for the Avs will be right up there with thw two Canadian teams above, checking in at a whopping -425 line at home against the Ducks. They are expensive, but come into this one playing great hockey and arguably are a better stack than either team above. After going on a tear for four games, their last two have been quiet, and given how popular they were on those slates – I do think that will help keep their ownership levels somewhat reasonable tonight. Either way, for me – my favourite stack on the board tonight is COL1.
- If you are looking for a lower priced stack that will be popular, Philly takes the cake as they travel to upstate NY to take on the Sabres. The price point on each of the top two lines and the top PP unit for the Flyers is attractive, and you can bold on Gostibehere on the back-end for an affordable extra piece on the top PP unit. He comes into this one with three helpers on the past two games and while he hasn’t been sending too many pucks on net – at $5,100, he doesn’t break the bank. For the Flyers, my favourite way to play them is either with the Hayes line or the top PP unit.
Who are a couple other stacks worth considering in good spots tonight?
- Vegas has the potential to slip under the radar, which is a little surprising for a team who are -220 favourites on a 7 game slate. While the Kings aren’t the easiest team to light the lamp in bulk against, the match-up is a strong one for Vegas, and I don’t mind the idea of getting ~10% ownership levels in MME formats on each of their top two lines. I do prefer other spots in single entry, but I do like the idea of getting some line-ups in play in MME formats with each of their top two lines along with some Theodore/Martinez on the back-end.
- Minnesota draws a great match-up as they take on the Sharks. While I don’t like their options down the middle, I don’t hate the idea of getting a fair bit of exposure to the wingers, specifically the three that are on the top PP unit (Fiala, Zuccarello, Kaprizov). If you were to go with a three man stack, the one to roll with for me is MIN1.
- The Flyers have been struggling to defend of late – or maybe, Corey Hart has just been playing so bad that they have decided to sit him for two games in hopes that he ‘works harder’. While I wouldn’t go nuts with plenty of exposure to this line, I don’t hate the idea to get some exposure to the top line for the Sabres in this one. You could even combine it for a game stack in some builds along with PHI2/PHI PP1. While all three of them are listed on the wing, you can lock them in for just over $11k combined, meaning you can use BUF1 as a punt with upside stack alongside a high spend stack elsewhere.
This article focuses more on stacking rather than one off plays….if you would like to see my favourite options on an individual level for tonight’s slate, make sure to check out the NHL Cheat Sheet – which will be out later on today!