NHL DFS Primer | Saturday, March 27th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Friday night was a quiet one with only four games on the schedule, but as we move into the weekend – as you’d expect, Saturday Night hockey brings seven games (4 were in the afternoon as well) – and it should be a fun slate, highlighted by a match-up between the Leafs and Oilers. Let’s have a look at some ways to approach building line-ups on Saturday night!
Who are likely going to be the chalk tonight?
- The Leafs and Oilers are the slate’s only game projected above 6 goals – and this one checks in at 6.5 with two of the best offensive teams in hockey taking to the ice. Outside of both teams in this game, I’m actually not expecting anyone to be all that popular, and I think that this game will have the highest ownership levels on the slate tonight.
- For Toronto, the Matthews line will be a popular one – my personal twist to it would be to go with a PP1 stack with Wayne Simmonds over W Joe Thornton, though using either of them helps bring down the price point for an attractive stack. The Leafs, and Matthews have been quiet since Matthews injured his hand a little while back with Auston coming into this one with only 3 goals in his past 11 games. If you think that trend will continue, a fade or underweight position in MME formats could pay off in spades.
- For the Oilers, they have re-united McDavid and Draisaitl, and they are a great 1-2 punch on teh top line and PP unit for the Oilers. I like this spot for them tonight – and there is no shortage of value plays on the board to compliment them with these days, so a stack here makes a lot of sense to me.
Who are a couple other stacks worth considering in good spots tonight?
- The match-up isn’t the easiest on the board – but I don’t mind the spot for the Isles tonight on a slate that doesn’t have a whole lot that stands out. They do a pretty good job of lighting the lamp, and I like what I’ve seen from Beauvillier from the top PP unit as a part of a NYI stack of late. He comes into this one with goals in three straight, and it shouldn’t be too hard to get an overweight position on them in MME formats tonight.
- I like the spot for the top line (specifically the wingers, as per usual) for the Hawks. The match-up for them is a great one as they go up against Nashville, and while the Hawks are far from an offensive juggernaut – their top line is an outstanding DFS option tonight. I never feel like I need to use Pius Suter along with them, though if you do want to use a three man top line stack, he’d be the one to use, and he is cheap. Kane comes into this one with two straight multi-point efforts, and as an expensive duo, I do like them at what I think will be lower ownership levels than what I think they should have on a thin slate.
- The Flames have juggled their lines, re-uniting Lindholm with Monahan and Gaudreau. However, for me – the appeal for a darkhorse stack tonight is the second line of Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane. Backlund is a really underrated option down the middle and given the fact that only Tkachuk skates on the top PP unit, I think you can get an over-weight position on Backlund/Mangiapane for less than 10% ownership levels. All in all, for a darkhorse stack, I like CGY2 tonight.
- They been in a bit of a rut, but a match-up with the Sharks can cure a sniper’s woes, and after a 5-2 win last time out, the Coyotes lace them up against the Sharks yet again tonight. If you are looking for a two man value stack with upside, I like this spot for Kessel/Keller tonight for a combined $8,300. The Sharks are one of the worst teams in the game in their own zone, and for an affordable price, I love the spot for this pair for the Coyotes.
This article focuses more on stacking rather than one off plays….if you would like to see my favourite options on an individual level for tonight’s slate, make sure to check out the NHL Cheat Sheet – which will be out later on today!