NHL DFS Primer | Saturday, February 20th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Tonight gives us eight games on the Main Slate – and it’s a night where I am expecting ownership levels to be pretty spread out as we don’t have too many massive favourites on the board, and only have one game with a projected total of 6.5 goals. So let’s get to it and look at some ways to approach building line-ups tonight!
You Won’t Be Alone – but they’re in good spots….
- The Blues are the largest favourites on the board tonight, playing at home against the Sharks. They have O’Rielly, Perron, Kyrou playing together on the top line and that trio is my favourite way to approach getting exposure to the Blues, along with Justin Faulk on the back-end, who is one of my favourite defencemen on the board tonight. I think you can get an over-weight position on them tonight with ~20% exposure, and I tend to like that idea when it comes to a mid priced stack.
- Going up against Toronto, I like the spot for the Habs tonight, specifically the second line – who have looked great so far this season in games against Toronto. I also like the idea of using some two man stacks with Toffoli-Gallagher from the top line in MME formats. Petry on the back-end is my preferred high spend option vs Weber, and Edmundson is worth keeping in your player pool as a value option on the point.
- In that game too, keep Auston Matthews and TOR1 in your player pool. Matthews will probably still be quite popular, but I’m thinking Marner and Thornton will not be and you can probably be over-weight on a stack with a 10% weighting in your builds (may have to run Matthews alone in some builds to get neutral weight on him). Thornton, while he doesn’t shoot, which hurts his floor, leads the squad in CF% and is second in PTS/60 in a small 8 game sample. In short, he’s looked excellent skating with Matthews/Marner so far.
- Edmonton’s big shooters will probably be popular tonight, playing at home as -130 favourites against Calgary. They were pretty quiet last night, but are prime bounce back candidates yet again tonight – though McDavid will arguably be the highest owned option on the slate tonight.
If you want to go a little bit deeper…
- I loved Garland/Schmaltz/Keller last time out and in the same match-up again tonight on an eight game slate, it shouldn’t be shocking to see me still touting them along with Chychrun on the back-end. The top line here checks in with CF%’s between 55-58%, and the match-up with the Kings is outstanding for this trio.
- I like the idea of going under-weight or fading the Isles/Pens tonight. The Isles are usually a team that I don’t target, and I could see this one being a 3-2 type of game. Long story short, I’d be surprised if stacks from this game were a part of a large field GPP win on an eight game slate.
- Sean Monahan is out tonight for the Flames and it looks like Elias Lindholm is going to be skating alongside W Johnny Gaudreau tonight. I like the idea of getting 6-9% exposure on 2 man stacks of CGY1/2 tonight, focusing on the key options (Backlund/Tkachuk from line 1). The optional pieces would be Mangiapane from the top line and Leivo from the 2nd. I’d be more likely to do a 3 man stack from the top line for what it’s worth here!
While this piece was focused more on stacking, check out The Cheat Sheet which will come out a little later on in the day where I’ll focus more on individual options that I like tonight!