NHL DFS Primer | Saturday, February 13th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Saturday night sees eight games on the NHL schedule and I’m expecting ownership levels to be pretty spread out. We only have one game with a total of 6.5 goals, but its the Leafs going up against the Habs, which is probably enough to keep them from getting out of hand in terms of how popular TOR1 will be with the masses. So – as a result for this piece, I’m going to focus on spots that I like tonight, some stacks that I think you’ll want to make sure you get significant exposure to in MME formats, or strongly consider when building out single entry contests!
Some Stacks that I like tonight…
- VAN1 – I’ve been pretty tough on the Canucks so far this season – but they finally seem to be rounding into form up front…or at the very least the combo of Petterson-Boeser-Miller have been. After starting the season with some of the worst puck possession stats in the league, they are making some pretty good strides there, and not shockingly, the points are coming. The Canucks/Flames game checks in with the second highest projected total on the board and while I wouldn’t expect rock bottom ownership levels, I like this spot for the top line for VAN tonight – and it’s a nice bonus that they all skate on the top PP unit with the man advantage as well.
- In case you weren’t sure, I still love TOR1….even in a match-up against the Habs. For the Habs, don’t sleep on the Suzuki line in what should be a fun game against Toronto tonight as the two top teams in the north division match-up. I like the idea of going ~20-25% TOR1 and ~10% MTL2 (along with heavy Petry usage on the back-end) in MME formats.
- Chicago 1 – I haven’t used them too often this season, and I don’t think they’ve made it into this piece yet, but I think they are worth mixing into your builds tonight. Pius Suter has scored in back to back games, and playing alongside elite W Patrick Kane at even strength, I think there’s a lot to like about this trio against the Jackets. They started the year with some pretty poor advanced metrics, but the trio are crawling back to around an even CF%, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Suter-Kane-Debrincat had a nice Saturday night.
- The put up a dud last night – but I’m willing to give a mulligan to ARI1 who very quietly have been one of the best lines in hockey this season with a CF% better than 60%. You can probably go significantly over-weight exposure on them with 6-9% of your line-ups and I love the upside here, even in a tough match-up.
- Finally – don’t sleep on TB1. The game against Florida should be a high scoring one and even without Stamkos, I like the top line for TB of Point-Palat and Tyler Johnson, who offers significant salary savings vs. the cost of Stamkos. Sure, he isn’t near the player, but this is still a nice unit for the Bolts.
Good luck in your contests tonight, and if you want to see some of my favourite one offs for tonight’s slate – make sure to check out the Cheat Sheet, which is focused more to that vs. this piece, which focuses on stacking (primarily with options up front at C/W)!