NHL DFS Primer | Thursday, February 11th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
A night after having only two games on the NHL schedule, Thursday night sees 10 games on the league schedule, making for no shortage of options to consider when putting together line-ups. Let’s have a look at some ways to approach building line-ups, starting with where you will likely see the highest owned options! Let’s dive in to tonight’s action…
Who will be the highest owned stacks tonight?
- I think that Tampa’s top line/PP unit will be among the highest owned options tonight as they lace them up against Florida in what should be a high scoring game. The big guns for the Bolts (Point/Stammer/Palat) are a great option tonight and I like an over-weight position on them. With 10 games on the the schedule, I wouldn’t worry too much about projected ownership levels, especially with no glaring, obvious choices as the clear cut chalk (Edmonton isn’t playing Ottawa, for example).
- Speaking of Ottawa, Winnipeg’s top PP unit should be popular tonight as they go up against the Sens. They check in as -200 favourites in this one in a game with a projected total of six tonight. They spread out the big guns across three lines, so while I wouldn’t expect low ownership levels on the top line for instance – it does mute the impact of what to expect in terms of popularity of their lines at EV. I like the idea of getting significant exposure to WPG1 and WPG PP1 tonight, they are my favourite stacking options in a plus match-up and as I mentioned above – I don’t have too much concern about ownership levels on such a deep slate.
- Vegas’ top line and top PP unit will be among the more popular options, playing at home tonight against the Ducks as -225 favourites. The price point on VGK1 will keep their ownership levels in check, but the trio of Stephenson-Pacioretty-Stone have been outstanding so far on the young season and I love the spot for them tonight. On the back-end, keep an eye on the status of D Shea Theodore, who didn’t come out for the third period last game. If he sits, D Alec Martinez is going to be extremely popular and an elite option (which he may already be regardless of Theodore’s status).
Who are some other stacking options to consider?
- Nashville’s top six won’t be low owned, but I’ve enjoyed stacking against Detroit and in a plus match-up on home ice, Nashville stacking should be mixed in to a fair number of your builds tonight. I like the idea of getting balanced exposure to stacks of each of the top two lines tonight along with significant exposure to Josi and Ellis on the back-end for MME formats.
- I have a feeling MTL2 & 3 will be lower owned than they should be as -140 favourites against the Oilers. I have no problem fading Edmonton tonight, the match-up for them against the Habs is a tough one, and would prefer to get exposure to my two favourite lines from the Habs, who even as home favourites I expect to be lower owned than the big guns up front for the Oilers.
- SJ1 – the Sharks and Kings see a lower total tonight, which is a little surprising as they just played two nights ago and put up seven goals. I like this spot for the top line for the Sharks along with Burns on the back-end in this one. They won’t be low owned, but the price point is fantastic on the top line for both teams, and either option could be the late night hammer in MME contests.
Good luck in your contests tonight & have a look at The NHL Cheat Sheet which will be coming out a little later on today. It focuses more on individual plays that I like, more so than the stacking focus of this piece!