NHL DFS Primer | Tuesday, February 9th, 2021 on DraftKings
Looking for help building line-ups for NHL DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel tonight? Let’s take a look at some of the best plays on the board for tonight’s action!
Tuesday sees seven games on the slate tonight and we’ll be focusing the piece on an overall outlook of the games on the docket. Let’s dive in and have a look at some ways to approach tonight’s slate!
Who will be the highest owned stacks tonight?
- Edmonton’s top PP unit, going up against Ottawa will probably be the highest owned stack tonight. They’ve been pretty quiet for their standards in the past two games against Ottawa, but I still expect them to be popular as big favourites against the worst team in hockey.
- I’ve liked the game theory fade on the Oilers in the last two games, which has worked out. I still think it’s viable, and from a game theory standpoint, I still like it – but you are playing with fire. It’s only a matter of time before McDavid and company break the slate again.
- Playing against the Ducks tonight, I think that the top line along with Shea Theodore on the back-end will be a popular line to stack as the Golden Knights go up against the Ducks. I’d expect the second line for Vegas to be a popular choice as well – though for me personally, I much prefer the top line and would go over-weight them and under-weight on the second unit (perhaps fading altogether).
Who are some other stacking options to consider?
- Game stack: SJ/LA
The projected total here is 6 goals, which is something that is rarely seen for a game involving the Kings. The Sharks are no strangers to high scoring games, and I suspect that is what is driving this projected total. I like the idea of getting heavy exposure to the top six for SJ tonight along with the top line for the Kings. Brent Burns is arguably the top rearguard on the backend as well tonight.
- Dallas has been a team that I’ve been touting for a lot of their games so far this season, and tonight, checking in as -150 favourites against the Hawks – I could see them checking in lower owned than they should be. I started liking the Hintz/Gurianov line, and while I’d still include them in some builds – Pavelski/Benn/Radulov (he missed yesterday’s practice but should be good to go tonight) are an elite option tonight. They’re expensive, which will help keep their ownership levels down, but I love this spot for them tonight. Pavelski and Radulov have CF%’s north of 60%. Edit – it looks like Radulov will be out tonight so fire up Ty Dellandrea as a punt with upside who looks to be set to skate on the top line and PP unit
- The Flames have three balanced lines, all capable of doing some damage. They are going up against the Jets in what should be a high scoring game and I like the idea of getting 5-10% expsoure to each of them in MME formats tonight. Maybe sprinkle in a little bit more exposure to the guys on the top PP unit as that is where most of the big guns are.
Good luck in your contests tonight & have a look at The NHL Cheat Sheet which will be coming out a little later on today. It focuses more on individual plays that I like, moreso than the stacking focus of this piece!